Surgical and Non-Surgical Solutions for a more Masculine Looking Chest
Man boobs and puffy nipples are common conditions. They can be attributed to enlarged breast glands that can occur due to one of the following conditions: low testosterone levels, gynaecomastia, steroid use, and excess fat. While in some cases the puffiness can be minimised with the help of diet and exercise, it is not always the case. For some people, diet and exercise will reduce body fat, and make your chest more masculine while minimising the puffy nipples. If diet and exercise aren’t making a difference, you can undergo surgery to achieve the desired results. In this article, we will discuss possible solutions for man boobs
Dr Scott Turner is an experienced Sydney Plastic Surgeon and Gynaecomastia Expert – find out more about his gynaecomastia surgical technique and have a look at before and after photos of male breast reduction patients.
Targeted Exercises to Reduce Man Boobs
You may be able to minimise the puffiness in your pectoral region by doing chest exercises. These exercises tighten and tone your pectoral and chest muscles. Some of the popular exercise options to try are dips, overhead presses, bent-forward cable crossovers, push-ups, bodyweight flies, low cable flies incline, decline, barbell bench presses, and incline bench cable flies.
You can either work with a trainer to create a customised workout plan or do a bit of DIY planning. For best results, ensure that your workout includes a series of chest exercises.
You can choose either fewer sets and more repetitions or the other way around. It all depends on your personal preference. Once your workout plan is in place, make sure to do it for at least 20 minutes, every day or several times per week. As time passes by, you can increase the frequency and duration as you gain strength. Make sure to take one day a week off to rest.
Over time, you can incorporate different chest exercises into your plan every now and then to keep the workouts fresh and interesting. Balance out your chest exercises with full-body cardio to get the most benefit from the workout. You can also try rowing and swimming for a minimum of 15 minutes a day.
Dietary Changes to Reduce Enlarged Man Boobs
In certain cases, puffy nipples are caused by too much estrogen and fat. You can correct it by making a few changes to your diet. Moreover, mindful eating practices can help you stay healthy and in shape.
As a general rule of thumb, increase your fruit and vegetable intake, eliminate packaged and processed foods and stay clear of soy products, and grains. Your doctor or a nutritionist can guide you in detail on what foods to include and avoid in your diet. If your hormone levels are responsible for man boons and puffy nipples, eating a diet rich in testosterone and low in estrogen is a good idea.
Consider adding the following testosterone-rich foods to your diet: ginger, tuna, low-fat milk, egg yolks, beans, blueberries, oysters, shellfish, beef, cruciferous vegetables, and macadamia nuts.
Ideally, you can make an appointment with your doctor if you are concerned about your hormonal levels. Your doctor might suggest other therapies or prescribe medication to help balance your hormones.
Herbal Supplements and Man Boobs
Herbal supplements can also help minimise puffy nipples by boosting testosterone levels. Do not consume any of the supplements without discussing the details with a doctor. There is no scientific evidence that supports the efficacy of herbal supplements in minimising the look of man boobs. However, they can boost testosterone levels that can eventually help your condition. As per anecdotal reports, the following herbs can help with puffy nipples: turmeric, dandelion, milk thistle, passionflower, red clover, and devil’s claw. It is important to note that certain supplements can interfere with some of the medication you might be taking. Hence, it is crucial to always consult your doctor first.
Moreover, buy the supplements from a trusted manufacturer. Your doctor can recommend supplements of a particular brand name to make the process easier. Follow the dosage info as listed on the label.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures to Get Rid of Man Boobs
If you aren’t getting the desired results with any of the methods listed above, discuss your problem with your healthcare provider. Sometimes, surgical procedures are the only cure to treat puffy nipples.
Watch Dr Turner’s Gynecomastia Video
There is a surgical procedure that can help you get rid of puffy nipples and enlarged man boobs. During the surgery, Dr Turner will create small incisions to remove the breast tissue and give you desired results. It can also be used for areola reduction and nipple repositioning.
In some cases, Male Breast Liposuction is a surgical technique that can help remove excess breast fat. However, it will not eliminate excess breast gland tissue. Moreover, note that liposuction is only recommended for patients with NO skin sagginess.
· Non-Invasive Fat Reduction
If you aren’t a fan of surgical procedures, non-invasive fat reduction is an option. Some of the possible options include fat freezing, radiofrequency RF treatments, and lasers. These treatments offer quick recovery, but the results are not always up to the expectations and cannot help sagging skin. Dr Turner does not offer or recommend these treatments.
FAQs about Man Boobs and Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Here is a list of frequently asked questions we get regarding puffy nipples and enlarged breasts and the possible solutions:
What does it mean if you have puffy nipples?
- Puffy nipples are often an indication of an underlying condition such as hormonal changes or an imbalance. In some cases, the use of steroids can also lead to puffy nipples. If you have excessive fat in the chest area, it can also cause puffy nipples but can often be corrected with the right diet, exercise and in some cases with the help of liposuction. The choice of treatment will depend on the cause. In most cases, puffy nipples aren’t a sign of a serious medical condition.
What causes puffy nipples?
- Some possible causes of puffy nipples in men include hormonal imbalances, steroid use, and excess body fat.
How can I get rid of man boobs without surgery?
- In some cases, a combination of diet and exercise can help with the reduction of man boobs. Based on the cause, the doctor might prescribe certain supplements or medication to help with your condition. Moreover, there are some non-surgical cosmetic treatments that may help with the problem.
What are some of the dietary tips to follow that can help reduce puffiness of nipples?
- Fat accumulation in the chest area is one of the major causes of puffy nipples. Consuming a healthy and balanced diet that is rich in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins can help minimise the size of man’s boobs and puffy nipples. Some great options to include in your diet are high fibre foods such as vegetables, bran, nuts, and seeds, more raw fruit and vegetables, fewer processed foods, foods that don’t have added sugars, whole grains instead of white carbs, low sodium food options, low-fat products, and lean proteins such as beans and fish.
What are some of the surgical procedures that help treat puffy nipples?
Here are some of the surgical procedures that can help with puffy nipples:
- Male Breast Liposuction
The procedure is designed to remove excess fat with the help of a cannula attached to the suction device. The liposuction is done under anaesthesia. Once you are asleep or numb, the surgeon will create a tiny incision. The solution will be inserted through that incision to break down the fat cells and suction them out. Once the fat is removed, the incision will be closed with the help of a suture or surgical glue. This procedure is not for patients with sagging skin.
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery – Gynaecomastia
It is the surgical procedure of removing excess tissue or abnormal growth on the breasts. The procedure involves the removal of glandular breast tissue to minimise the puffiness of your breasts and help you achieve a more masculine chest.
How do I choose a surgeon to get treatment advice about man boobs?
- The results of the procedure depend heavily on the skills and expertise of the surgeon. For that reason, you need to do significant research before choosing the right surgeon. Only a skilled plastic surgeon who is highly experienced in treating gynaecomastia patients can deliver good results. Please avoid choosing an undertrained doctor or so-called ‘cosmetic surgeon’
Always Do Your Research
- Enquire to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A GP Referral is required to Consult with Dr Turner (under new AHPRA Regulations)
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing and payment plans
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation
- You can book your initial consultation by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment
BOOK A PHONE CALL FOR MORE INFO
- To find out more information about surgery you can book a FREE 15-minute phone conversation with our Friendly Patient Care team via Calendly- Book Consultant 1 or Book Consultant 2
Contact us or call on 1300 437 758 to arrange your surgeon consultation in Sydney.