An Injectable solution to stop grinding your teeth
Do you have a habit of clenching and grinding your teeth? You might have bruxism, a condition of teeth grinding and jaw clenching that causes headaches, facial pain, and dental problems.
Bruxism is much more common than you might think. In fact, as much as 30% of the population is estimated to suffer from this painful condition. Beyond just causing discomfort, bruxism can actually impact your appearance. Over time, the masseter muscle of your jaw can increase in size to create a square jawline. While this is rarely problematic for men, it can cause an unnaturally masculine look for women. Fortunately, it is not just something that you have to live with.
How to Transform Your Look if You Grind Your Teeth
The good news is that there is a procedure for masseter reduction, or jawline slimming, that can transform your face. With anti-wrinkle injections, you can change a strong and square jawline into a feminine oval shape. By focusing these injections on the masseter muscle, the bulkiness of your jaw can be significantly reduced.
What Is It Like to Get Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Before deciding to have any procedure done, it’s essential to have a clear and concise understanding of everything involved. When you visit the Dr Turner’s Medispa, you will be given a detailed overview of the process and what to expect.
If you choose to move forward with the procedure, an outline of your masseter muscle will be marked on your skin. The lower half or one-third of the muscle to be treated will be identified. Once everything is in place, Dr Turner will begin the injections.
The actual injections into the masseter muscle only take a few moments to complete and the total procedure will be over within 20 minutes.
Following your procedure, you’ll be ready to go on with your day. While you may have some redness in the areas of the injection, it will pass within about an hour.
How Long Do Anti-Wrinkle Injections Last?
Before getting anti-wrinkle injections, it is important to realise that the results are not instant. Your masseter muscle will slowly begin to relax and shrink over time. As this muscle reduces in size, you’ll see your jawline slim down. Most women with bruxism can expect to see the full results of the procedure after approximate eight weeks.
After two months have passed, you can decide if you are happy with the results or would like to slim down your jaw event more. Many women with more severe cases of bruxism opt to top up their treatment at this time to narrow down their jawline further.
After you achieve your ideal results, you will want to get a follow-up treatment nine to 12 months later to maintain the results. Over time, the more treatments that you get, the less often you will need them. With ongoing anti-wrinkle treatments of the masseter muscle, the muscle continues to get permanently smaller, which means that you can maintain the results with fewer treatments done less often.
Want to learn more about jawline slimming? Contact Dr Turner’s Medispa for a no-obligation chat to learn more about your options.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.