The Rhinoplasty procedure is one of Dr Turner’s most commonly performed procedures due to the facial symmetry it can achieve, as well as the boost in self-confidence it re-instates in individuals.
Despite its popularity, Rhinoplasty is a complex procedure that generally garners many questions and concerns. They are many techniques that are used globally for rhinoplasty, however, Dr Turner has perfected his own nose reshaping skills which produce natural-looking results, as well as promoting an efficient recovery.
Why Get a Rhinoplasty?
Most people who are considering rhinoplasty surgery with Dr Turner, are concerned with the look of their nose being out of ratio to their other facial features. Many individuals are often also concerned with the primary functionality of their nose, breathing, which can be improved simultaneously during a Rhinoplasty procedure with Dr Turner.
Are You Considering Rhinoplasty Surgery?
There are a few things you should think about before deciding to go ahead with nose surgery:
- Do your homework on the procedure you are enquiring about as well as the surgeons you are visiting. Be prepared with inspiration images and any questions you may have.
- Choosing to enhance your personal appearance entails a blend of emotional and financial dedication. The first step in this process is investing in a consultation with a surgeon or multiple, to find the right surgeon for your goals.
- In your Rhinoplasty consultation with Dr Turner, you will have images taken on our Vectra 3D Imaging System. The Vectra’s three-dimensional computer models are able to show you side-by-side, simulated before and after images. This helps clients foresee their surgical results before deciding definitively on surgery, as well as providing a chance for Dr Turner to create realistic expectations for surgery.
- Before considering Rhinoplasty, clients should be at least 16 years old (with parental consent) to ensure facial growth and physical maturity.
- Any cosmetic surgery decisions should be based on your own beliefs and wants, it should not be based on anybody else’s opinion. This will be screened through our BDD assessment tool, which has now been implemented across the industry.
What Can Rhinoplasty Achieve?
Rhinoplasty can provide a range of aesthetic and functional outcomes for patients, so it is always good to have an idea about what specifically you would like altered. Some examples are:
- Straightening the bridge of the nose from a front-facing perspective
- Balancing your nose with your other facial features
- Removing any humps on the bridge of your nose
- Narrowing or widening the nostrils
- Decreasing the tip of the nose
- Improving the shape of the tip of your nose
- Widening the internal aspects of the nasal cavity to increase airflow (septoplasty)
Many nose surgeries often combine a range of the above, in order to achieve the desired outcome.
Recovery After Rhinoplasty Surgery
At the completion of your Rhinoplasty surgery, you will enter the post-operative care phase of your journey. Each individual will have a specific set of instructions from Dr Turner and his nursing team to help ensure the smoothest recovery with the best possible outcome.
It can be difficult in the initial days post-op to see the results of your surgery, as your nose will be covered by bandages, and you will most likely have a splint inserted up your nose. At your first post-op appointment this splint will be removed, and you will have a better look at your new nose.
Your pain will be managed post-operatively by medications Dr Turner prescribes you, be sure to get somebody to pick these up for you on your way home from the hospital.
You can read more about the tips and trick for recovering from Rhinoplasty here.
Risks Asociated With Rhinoplasty Surgery
Altering the nasal structure and bones is a permanent procedure which can be irreversible. For this reason, you need to ensure that the surgeon you place your trust in aligns with your aesthetic goals and has years of surgical experience and transformations to his/her name.
When performed by a skilled specialist plastic surgeon like Dr Scott J Turner, in a private hospital, the risks of Rhinoplasty are mitigated, however, you can read the full risks associated with Rhinoplasty here.