Boob Job FAQs – Things to Know about a Boob Job
If you are looking for the perfect Boob job in Newcastle or Sydney. Here are some of the most common questions to help you find the best boob job surgeon in Newcastle. Dr Scott Turner is a specialist plastic surgeon and breast surgery expert in Newcastle and Sydney, Australia. He has just opened the Skin Atelier cosmetic clinic in Broadwater.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turners’s Breast Augmentation Surgery Guide
Preparing for a Boob Job
Any tips for preparing for a Boob Job?
Here is How to Prepare for Your Breast Augmentation Recovery:
- Make arrangements for someone to drive you to and from your procedure and also for a friend or relative to stay with you for the first 24 hours after your operation
- If you have small children plan for their care for the first few days following your breast surgery. Help and support allow you time to relax and start your recovery
- Place anything you’ll need access to after your procedure in a convenient location.
- Stock up on easy-to-prepare meals, snacks, and refreshments. Eat a healthy diet and avoid drinking alcohol a few days before your surgery
- If you smoke you will be asked to stop, both two weeks before and after your operation, to reduce the risk of chest infections and prolonged scarring.
- Refrain from extremely vigorous exercise the day before your procedure
- Dr Turner will discuss with you if he would like you to wear a post-operative bra, compression bandage, or sports bra for extra support and positioning during the recovery process. If you are having implants then you will need extra support to hold them in their new position. When buying a post-operative bra it is important to focus on comfort and fit as you will need to wear the bra all day and night whilst you heal
- Inform Dr Turner of any medicine you take, even if it is non-prescription.
- Prior to surgery, you will be asked to follow fasting instructions that mean not eating or drinking. It’s important to follow Dr Turner’s advice
- The night before your procedure it’s advisable to have a shower or bath as this might be difficult for a few days after your surgery
- Remove nail polish as this will help the Anaesthetist monitor your blood circulation during your procedure
Boob Job Surgery
How Long Does a Boob job Surgery take?
Breast augmentation is usually an outpatient procedure, though some can elect to stay overnight. The plastic surgery will last between one and two hours, and you will likely receive general anaesthesia. During the breast augmentation procedure, Dr Turner will make cuts under the breast, under the arms, or around the nipples. After they insert the breast implants, Dr Turner will close the incision with sutures.
Is a boob job with implants in front or behind the muscle better?
If you’re considering breast implants, you may have heard you can choose to place them over or under your chest muscles. Which is better for you depends on several factors, including your age, current breast anatomy, activity level, and tolerance for post-surgery down-time.
Over the Muscle (Sub glandular) Breast Implant Placement:
Pros: if you have a moderate amount of breast tissue (a B cup or larger), this can be an excellent choice and produce very natural-looking breasts that age well. The recovery is usually easier than when the implants are placed in a submuscular position. End results are usually achieved in a matter of weeks.
Cons: The use of smooth implants in a sub-glandular position very frequently (up to 70%) results in capsular contracture, and rippling may be visible in the upper and inner aspects of the breasts if you are thin with small breasts. It is also easier to see the upper edges of the implants when they are placed over the muscle.
Under the Muscle (Subpectoral) Breast Implant Placement:
Pros: Using smooth implants under the pectoralis muscles reduces the capsular contracture rate to less than 10%. In thinner women, the added bulk of the muscle over the upper and inner aspects of the implants makes the edges less visible and the curve of the breast more natural.
Cons: The recovery is more uncomfortable for several days. It takes longer for the swelling to subside and for the breasts to settle. You may need several months to see the end results. When the pectoralis muscle is contracted during exercise or in some daily movements, the muscle flattens the implants and pushes them outward, changing the shape of the breast. Occasionally, an indentation over the implant is seen along the edge of the muscle. When there is a moderate amount of breast tissue that is lax or becomes lax in time, it may sag below the position of the implant that is held in place by the muscle, resulting in a double bubble deformity.
Should I have a Hybrid Boob job – Implants & Transferred Fat for a better cleavage contour?
For those looking for a larger increase in breast size, it is possible to combine Autologous Fat Transfer with traditional silicone or saline breast implants. Combining breast implants with fat transfer can produce a more natural-looking shape than just using silicone or saline implants alone.
Benefits of Hybrid Breast Augmentation surgery:
- Hybrid breast augmentation gives you a more naturally enlarged look to your breasts. It can help to improve your breast cup size, your side profile or side boob, and the size, shape, and location of your nipples
- If you have very little breast tissue, augmenting using an implant alone can result in you having implant-related rippling. By transferring fat tissue from your own body the incidence of post-operative rippling or being able to feel the implant may be reduced as it adds more volume to your breast.
- It helps add balance to your figure and enhance body proportions by improving the way your chest looks.
- Fuller-looking breast obtained following the surgery is associated with a significant boost in self-confidence with reduced self-image-related issues.
- Liposuction to collect fat for transfer can reduce fat from problem areas causing you to look slimmer and more contoured after surgery.
Boob Job Implants
What Type Of Breast Implants do you recommend for the Best Boob job in Newcastle?
Gummy bear breast implants are one of the options available for breast augmentation. The term “gummy bear” is actually a nickname for teardrop-shaped, gel-based implants. They’re known to retain their shape better than other types of breast implants made from saline and silicone.
What Size Implants Can You Have For A Boob Job?
The most common implant sizes used in breast augmentation range from Mentor 100-880cc. A larger breast implant will generally have a greater diameter and increased projection, and most implant types come in a range of profiles and base widths.
What Is The Most Popular Size Implant For A Boob Job?
The most popular size for breast implants is between 300-350cc. For most patients, this would look like a small to a large C cup. In fact, all of the top 5 most popular sizes are between 300-350cc.
Boob Job Concerns
Should you have a Boob job before or after kids?
You may decide to get breast implants for many reasons. Apart from the “why” you may opt for breast surgery, another key consideration is the “when” of the surgery.
In general, our answers vary. There are several factors to consider before we make a recommendation. Therefore, if you plan to enhance your breasts, it’s best to consult Dr Turner, an expert plastic surgeon on breast enhancement, so he can advise you on your options.
In most cases, you can get breast implants anytime you want. Therefore, the choice is up to you if you want to get implants before or after you have children.
However, if you plan to become pregnant in the near future, like within the next 12 months, it would be best to hold off on your breast augmentation plans. This is not to say that implants pose health risks to your child. Rather, it is just to get the most satisfying results out of your surgery.
On the other hand, if you plan to have children in the distant future, then you can begin your breast surgery preparations as early as now. Here are additional factors to keep in mind as you consider the possibility of breast implants any time soon.
Does A Boob Job Affect Your Nipple sensation?
You may experience some change to their nipple sensitivity after breast augmentation. You may experience more sensitivity or less sensitivity, sometimes within the same day. These changes are very common and are due to swelling. Normal sensation usually returns to normal in just a few weeks or up to a few months following surgery. Lasting changes are less common, but they do occasionally occur, typically in fewer than 5% of patients.
Is there a noticeable scar from having a boob job?
Despite the benefits, the risk of scarring is an issue that may want you to consider before undergoing the surgery. Unfortunately, the fact is that any surgery, no matter how major or minor, will cause some degree of scarring. Some more so than others, but there is no such thing as a scar-free surgery. However, minimizing the appearance of scars on the breast will be of vital importance to Dr Turner. The whole point of a breast augmentation procedure is to make the breast more attractive, and conspicuous or heavy scarring defeats that point. Most scars will typically heal and fade within two years, but will always be present.
Funding Your Boob Job
How Much Does a Boob Job Cost?
If you are considering Breast Augmentation surgery, you will likely need to do some financial planning and research before taking the next step. You may find yourself wondering why costs appear to vary significantly from Surgeon to Surgeon.
The average surgery price will vary quite significantly, and this is dependent on a number of factors. Dr Turner’s level of expertise, the condition of your breast tissue, and the type of surgery required will all influence the cost of your procedure.
There are 3 basic price ranges for Breast Augmentation procedures in Newcastle, Australia.
This includes low-cost which typically ranges from around $8,000 to $10,000. Mid-range Breast Augmentation costs range from between $10,000 and $14,500, and lastly, High-range procedures generally range from $14,600 to up to $20,000 or higher.
Is there a payment plan for a Boob Job in Newcastle?
Five Different Ways to Fund Your Boob Job Surgery
- Start a Special Purpose Savings Fund
A range of special-purpose bank saving accounts are available. Visit Finder to compare interest rates and use a savings calculator to find the best savings accounts.
- Use an Interest-Free or Low-Interest Credit Card
Some banks offer ‘Interest-Free’ periods or ‘Low-Interest rate’ credit cards as an alternative to medical finance firms. Visit the Credit Card Finder to review credit card rates and conditions.
- Reduce your Home Loan Interest by using your Mortgage to Save Up
Save on home loan interest by paying down your home mortgage and then redrawing funds from your early payments when you’re ready to have your surgery.
- Medical Payment Plans and Finance
You can google “medical finance companies” and get payment plans from companies like TLC (Total Lifestyle Credit), or Medipay.
FINANCIAL DISCLAIMER – Our Practice is NOT a credit provider. We do NOT receive any rebates or commissions from ANY credit suppliers. All finance and credit providers are independent, external companies. We provide NO financial advice. You will need to consider your own financial circumstances when deciding if finance is suitable for you.
Is a Boob Job Worth It?
In our opinion, they absolutely are. Here are several reasons why getting breast implants is worth it.
- Breast Implants Are Safe and Come with Little Complications
- Breast Implants Last a Long Time – 10 to 20 years
- Breast Implants are Relatively Inexpensive
- Breast Implants can boost Your Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Recovery from Breast Implants Is relatively Quick and Easy
- Breast Implants Give You a Whole New Set of Wardrobe Options
- You can get more symmetrical Breasts and Nipples
Recovery After Boob Job
What is recovery like after a Boob Job?
Generally, recovery takes about 6 to 8 weeks. It may take more time depending on how you heal and your overall health. Every person is different, so it’s best to talk to Dr Turner if you’re concerned about the recovery process.
When can you Exercise after a boob job?
After two weeks, you can start light cardio such as walking on a treadmill or walking uphill. In 4 to 6 weeks you can resume most exercise except heavy lifting. At six weeks, patients are generally completely healed and can resume all exercises.
Does A Boob Job Affect Working Out?
In a month you can resume most exercise except heavy lifting. At six weeks, you are generally completely healed and can resume all exercises. After breast augmentation, especially with implants under the muscle, I recommend you try to avoid strenuous chest exercises such as push-ups.
Do You need to change your Wardrobe and get new Clothes after a Boob Job?
Be aware that if your breasts are larger than they were before they’ll need more support! That probably means opting for bras and bikinis with wider and thicker straps.
Future of a Boob Job – Longer Term Concerns
How long will the breast implants last?
On average, today’s implants are designed to last more than a decade, with the chance of rupture increasing by one percent each year after the implants are placed. So, the older your implants are, the greater your risk of rupture or other complications. In many cases, breast implants can remain in good shape for 20 years or more.
Do You Still Need to Wear A Bra After Your Boob Job?
While your breasts will be firmer and sit higher after a breast augmentation, it is still recommended that you wear a bra after surgery to prevent a gradual shift in your implants over time. Avoid wearing underwire bras for at least 8 weeks after your surgery to avoid irritating sutures and scar tissue.
Does a Boob Job Affect Breastfeeding Or Your Milk Supply?
Breast implants may affect the amount of breast milk you’re able to produce. But in some, milk supply isn’t affected at all. You may also worry about the effect breastfeeding will have on your implants. It’s normal for your breasts to change in shape and size during pregnancy and after breastfeeding.
Will I need further Breast Surgery?
You are likely to need further procedures after your first boob job. Implants are not a lifetime device – they will need replacing in the future. To maintain the ultimate shape, you may require follow-up breast lifts or other supporting procedures. Further procedures can be needed if you face any complications during your augmentation, like implant rupture or capsular contracture. Further, your implanted breasts will age just like any other body part and in the future, you could choose to have additional operations to correct the results of gravity and ageing. During your consultation, you and Dr Turner should discuss the possibility of additional procedures after breast augmentation.
For more Boob Job FAQs, click here.
Medical References for a Boob job in Newcastle:
- Exercise after breast augmentation – ASPS Blog
- Breast Surgery Basics 9 Things to Know Before The Procedure – Ramsay Health Care UK Blog
- Will I Lose Sensitivity In My Nipples After Breast Augmentation? – Restora Austin Plastic Surgery Centre
- Does A Breast Lift Leave Scars? – Royal Centre of Plastic Surgery
- Frequently Asked Questions about Breast Augmentation – University of Michigan Health
About Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures. He is a committed board member of ASAPS – Australia Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download a Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment
BOOK A PHONE CALL FOR MORE INFO
- To find out more information about surgery you can book a FREE 15 minute phone conversation with our Patient Care team – BOOK A CALENDLY CALL
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your surgeon consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]