Since September 2021, Dr Scott Turner no longer offers skin cancer surgery.
Dr Turner is now dedicated entirely to breast, body and facial plastic surgery & cosmetic surgery.
For your Skin Cancer treatment or Lesion Removal – Dr Turner can suggest these Specialist Plastic Surgeons
– Dr Ahn’s clinics are located in Dee Why, Frenchs Forest and Bella Vista – Phone 1300 00 8098
Dr Atkinson’s clinics are located in St Leonards & French’s Forest – Phone 02 9105 5000
– Dr Mistry’s clinic is located in Ashtonfield, Newcastle – Phone 02 4002 4198
About Skin Cancers and Skin Lesions – BCC and SCC
The sunshine in Australia has some unpleasant side effects. Every year, people are diagnosed with sunspots and skin cancers. Up to 80% of all new cancer cases in Australia are skin cancer.
Removing skin lesions and skin cancers
Plastic Surgeons and Skin Cancer Doctors are experienced in detecting and removing these potentially life-threatening lesions. There are three types of skin cancer that can typically be removed.
- Basal cell cancer has the least amount of margin removed because it’s not as aggressive as other types of skin cancer.
- Squamous cell required a wider margin because it’s more aggressive.
- Melanoma is the most harmful form of skin cancer. If your doctor believes that one of your skin growths appears harmful, it will be removed and sent off for testing.
Most skin lesion removals are straightforward, and patients are able to return to work. However, any activities that could damage the treated area should be avoided until it is healed. Every step should be taken to keep scarring to a minimum. If a more advanced extraction is required, patients may only need to be at home for a day or two.
In the event that a biopsied lesion is found to be cancerous, your doctor can recommend a specialist who can take you through your cancer treatment options.
Is it possible for cancer to return after removal?
Some skin cancers may return after skin cancer surgery. Patients who have basal or squamous cell skin cancers removed can usually expect permanent results. However, there is always a small risk that skin cancer can return in the form of a new lesion, especially if you’ve had cancer before. Your doctor will help you develop a treatment plan that will include having regular skin checks. This alone will help decrease your risk of any lesions becoming harmful in the future. Your medical history and the current condition of your skin will help determine how often you should undergo skin examinations.
If you know that you’re at risk of developing new lesions, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun and to keep an eye on any skin changes.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]