Where are Dr Turner’s clinics located in NSW?
- Sydney Northern Beaches – Dee Why Grand, Suite 4223, Level 2, 834 Pittwater Rd, Dee Why NSW 2099
- Sydney near CBD – 423 Bourke St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Newcastle Central – Suite 2 , Level 1, 11 – 15 Lambton Rd, Broadmeadow NSW 2292
What are your clinic hours?
- 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
How much does a consultation with Dr Turner cost?
- New medical patients $225
- New cosmetic patients $350
The consultation fee is due at the time of placing your booking. Consultations with Dr Turner can last anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
What payment methods do you accept?
- Cash, EFTPOS, Direct Deposits and all major Credit Cards. – Assistance with finance is available through independent finance companies.
Do I need a referral to see Dr Turner?
- No. A referral is not necessary for cosmetic surgery, however, some consultations attract a rebate from Medicare and/or your health fund so you will need to get a referral from your GP.
What can I expect at the consultation?
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that you have time to complete paperwork for medical record purposes. Dr Turner will talk to you about your health, medications, allergies and previous operations as well as the outcome you wish to achieve.
- During this time, your general medical history is established and a thorough assessment performed to understand and discuss the appropriate plans to achieve your goals.
How soon can I be seen?
- To schedule a consultation please call us at 1300 641 199. Our staff will do their best to try and fit you in for a consultation with Dr Turner ASAP.
Where should I park and is there a fee for parking?
- There is ample parking available at our Northern Beaches and Newcastle clinics. At our North Sydney clinic, free parking is time-limited to 2hrs, however, there is a Wilson Parking station next door or alternatively, it is close to North Sydney train station and buses.
Where is the surgery performed?
- Dr Turner performs all surgical procedures in a hospital with fully accredited operating facilities where you will usually be placed under general anaesthesia and stay overnight at the hospital. After your operation, Dr Turner will visit you while you are still in the hospital and then see you one week after surgery in his rooms.
Will there be scarring?”
- Whenever there is an incision there will be a scar. Dr Turner’s job is to ensure the final scar is the best it can possibly be. A well-placed incision that is sutured in a fine meticulous manner typically fades over time and are hardly noticeable. However, there is some unpredictability about how some scars heal and this will be discussed depending on the procedure you are having.
What is the difference between getting my surgery in Australia compared to overseas?
- Getting your surgery done overseas is often cheaper but not always safer. There are many benefits to undertaking any surgical procedure locally, especially when it comes to recovery at home and in the case of any unforeseen issues arising. Also with cosmetic surgery performed overseas, there is a well-reported higher complication and revision rate that is not discussed and needs to be taken into account when looking at the final costs.
Who is a good candidate for plastic surgery?
- Anyone who is both physically and mentally healthy with realistic expectations.
Are there risks involved with surgery?
- Any type of surgery has a potential risk. It is important to discuss all risks and complications with Dr Turner in detail at the initial consultation.
Surgery & Recovery FAQs
Can I drive myself home after surgery?
- No. Whether your surgery requires sedation or a full general anaesthetic, the patient will need someone to drive them home and stay with them for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
Do I need to take medication after my surgery?
- Painkillers and/or antibiotics are often prescribed after your cosmetic surgery. You will be directed as to what medication you need to take. It is important you are comfortable after any surgery, so you are encouraged to take any pain relief medication as directed to make your overall experience considerably more comfortable.
Will I need to wear a surgical garment?
- Following some surgical procedures, tight-fitting surgical garments are used for comfort, to help reduce bruising and to control excessive swelling. Should your procedure require a garment Dr Turner’s office will provide you with the details.
When can I get back to normal activities?
- This really depends on what kind of surgery you’ve had. As a general rule, you’ll be advised to avoid exercise for the first two weeks after surgery. You will be able to gradually resume activity, and by six weeks following your surgery, you should be back to your normal level of exercise.
What happens after my surgery?
- Dr Turner aim’s to see you frequently after surgery, most patients we see at 1 week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 Months, 6 Months, 12 Months
FAQs about Specific Surgical Procedures by Dr Turner
Read the FAQs blogs to find lots of answers to your questions
- Breast Augmentation FAQs
- Breast Reduction FAQs
- Breast Lift FAQs
- Boob Job FAQs
- Breast Implant Removal FAQs
- Fat Grafting to Breast FAQs
- Eyelid Lift FAQs – Blepharoplasty
- Facelift FAQs
- Labiaplasty FAQs
- Male Breast Reduction FAQs – Gyno Surgery
- Mummy Makeover FAQs – combined Breast & Tummy Surgery
- Necklift Surgery FAQs
- Nose Surgery FAQs
- Tummy Tuck FAQs
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]