Before Your Consultation
We take every care to ensure that you are seen at the time appointed. Occasionally, emergencies or other unplanned events disrupt our schedule. If this occurs, we will contact you to minimize any disruption to your schedule.
You need to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to fill in the patient registration form. If a patient arrives late, we will endeavour to accommodate the appointment; however, a further appointment may be required to provide the patient with sufficient information and patient attention regarding the surgical inquiry.
During Your Consultation
Please allow 45 to 60 minutes for your first consultation. Dr Turner will assess your situation, provide detailed information and carefully explain the techniques, benefits, and risks of surgical procedures available.
Dr Turner will discuss with you –
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations, and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, and tobacco
- Previous surgeries
- A family history of breast cancer as well as any previous breast cancer treatment and results of any mammograms or previous biopsies.
You will be shown photographs of patients who have undergone similar surgeries, to demonstrate the range of outcomes that can be achieved. Once you have all the information, you will be able to make an informed judgment on which procedure will best achieve your goals.
We strongly recommend all patients have a second consultation prior to proceeding with surgery so you have the opportunity of having all your questions answered. This helps to ensure you are fully informed and utterly comfortable with your whole surgical journey.
After Your Consultation
Once your consultation with Dr Turner is complete, you’ll receive a quote from our friendly practice manager including your costs for surgery, anaesthetic and hospital stay. Deposit details will also be provided so that you can confirm your surgery date once you’re ready to proceed. Once confirmed, you’ll receive a consent form and hospital admission paperwork to complete and will be guided and supported in the lead-up to your procedure date.
Using Vectra 3D Imaging to help envision your results
To help visualize the likely outcome from your surgery, we use the latest imaging software. Our Northern Beaches clinic is proud to also offer the latest in 3D imaging technology with the VECTRA camera system which will allow you to make a much more informed decision regarding the result that can be achieved. Ours is one of the very few Australian practices offering this amazing technology.
Photographs are taken before your procedure and at regular intervals after the operation, to document the improvements achieved.
About Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures. He is a committed board member of ASAPS – Australia Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download a Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment
BOOK A PHONE CALL FOR MORE INFO
- To find out more information about surgery you can book a FREE 15 minute phone conversation with our Patient Care team – BOOK A CALENDLY CALL
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your surgeon consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]