Tips for Recovering after Plastic Surgery with Dr Scott Turner Plastic Cosmetic Surgeon Sydney
You will be given detailed instructions on post-operative care to take home with you (Also available below). These specific instructions for your recovery after plastic surgery include:
- How to care for the surgical site
- How to use your garment
- Exercises to perform
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in overall health
- How and when to arrange a follow-up with Dr Turner
- Contact numbers in case of concerns or after-hour emergencies
Tips & Timeline for Recovery after Plastic Surgery Procedures – read Dr Turner’s blogs for recovery after each procedure
Dr Turner’s Blogs about Recovery After Body Surgery
- Recovery after Liposuction
- Recovery after Male Breast Reduction – Gynecomastia Surgery
- Recovery after Post Pregnancy Surgery
- Recovery after Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty Surgery
Dr Turner’s Blogs about Recovery after Breast Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Augmentation Surgery – with Implants
- Recovery after Breast Enhancement Surgery – with Fat Transfer
- Recovery after Breast Lift Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Implant Removal Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Reduction
Dr Turner’s Blogs about Recovery after Face Surgery
- Recovery after Eyelid Surgery
- Recovery after Facelift Surgery
- Recovery after Labiaplasty
- Recovery after Neck Lift Surgery
- Recovery after Nose Surgery – Rhinoplasty
Download Dr Turner’s detailed Post-op recovery instructions BELOW
What to Avoid after surgery
- It is important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, abrasion, or motion during the time of healing.
- Avoid wearing any clothing that must go over your head or require excessive movement of your arms above your head.
- Avoid heavy lifting and tasks that require exertion of your upper arms and shoulders.
What to watch for
Once you are at home, please seek medical attention if:
- You experience shortness of breath, chest pains, or heartbeat irregularities
- Notice unusual swelling, bleeding, redness, pain, or persistent discharge from your wound
- Start to feel generally unwell or feverish
- Break out in a persistent rash
What Happens at Your First Post-operative Appointment
Your first postoperative appointment is usually within 5-7 days of discharge from hospital. At this appointment, your sutures will be removed if required. Dr. Turner rarely uses removable sutures. Your wound will be checked and cleaned thoroughly. Further instructions on wound care will be discussed with you. Further checkups will be organised at this first post-operative checkup.
Your postoperative period will be fully supported by Dr Turner and his staff.
DOWNLOAD Dr Turner’s Patient Post-Op Instructions
Body Surgery post-op Instructions
Breast Surgery post-op Instructions
Facial Surgery post-op instructions
Further Resources for Recovery after Plastic Surgery
- Stratederm website – Scar Gel
- Medical Grade Compression garment brands include Marena Shape, Leonisa, Isavela and Caromed.
Always Do Your Research
- Enquire to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A GP Referral is required to Consult with Dr Turner (under new AHPRA Regulations)
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing and payment plans
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation
- You can book your initial consultation by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment
BOOK A PHONE CALL FOR MORE INFO
- To find out more information about surgery you can book a FREE 15-minute phone conversation with our Friendly Patient Care team via Calendly- Book Consultant 1 or Book Consultant 2
Contact us or call on 1300 437 758 to arrange your surgeon consultation in Sydney.