Tips for Recovering after Plastic Surgery with Dr Turner
You will be given detailed instructions on post-operative care to take home with you (Also available below). These specific instructions will include:
- How to care for the surgical site
- How to use your garment
- Exercises to perform
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in overall health
- How to and when to arrange a follow up with Dr. Turner
- Contact numbers in case of concerns or after-hour emergencies
Following your surgeon’s instructions is the key to the success of your surgery.
Tips & Timeline for Recovery after Plastic Surgery Procedures – read Dr Turner’s blogs
- Recovery after Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Lift Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Implant Removal Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Reduction
- Recovery after Eyelid Surgery
- Recovery after Facelift Surgery
- Recovery after Labiaplasty
- Recovery after Liposuction
- Recovery after Male Breast Reduction – Gynecomastia Surgery
- Recovery after Mummy Makeover Surgery – Post Pregnancy Surgery
- Recovery after Nose Surgery
- Recovery after Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty Surgery
Download Dr Turner’s Post-op recovery instructions BELOW
What to Avoid after surgery
- It is important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, abrasion, or motion during the time of healing.
- Avoid wearing any clothing that must go over your head or require excessive movement of your arms above your head.
- Avoid heavy lifting and tasks that require exertion of your upper arms and shoulders.
What to watch for
Once you are at home, please seek medical attention if:
- You experience shortness of breath, chest pains, or heart beat irregularities
- Notice unusual swelling, bleeding, redness, pain, or persistent discharge from your wound
- Start to feel generally unwell or feverish
- Break out in a persistent rash
What Happens at your first post-operative Appointment
Your first postoperative appointment is usually within 5-7 days of discharge from hospital. At this appointment, your sutures will be removed if required. Dr. Turner rarely uses removable sutures. Your wound will be checked and cleaned thoroughly. Further instructions on wound care will be discussed with you. Further checkups will be organised at this first post-operative checkup.
Your postoperative period will be fully supported by Dr Turner and his staff.
DOWNLOAD Dr Turner’s Patient Post Op Instructions
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]