Medical Fees for Skin Cancer Reconstruction
Initial Medical Consultation for Skin Cancer
• $225 (Rebate $72.25 with referral)
• If a biopsy is performed – an additional fee $100 will be applied
Skin Cancer Reconstruction Fees
Estimate of costs for skin cancer excision can be obtained from our reception staff
An Example of typical costs
Simple excision of skin lesion
• Fee $600-700 (Medicare rebate $150-$250)
Complex excision of skin lesion and flap/skin graft reconstruction
• Fee $1500 (Medicare rebate of $450-$550)
• We are happy to minimize the surgical fee for pensioners so there is a maximal fixed out of pocket of $500 for the surgeon fees.
• We do not offer ‘No Gap’ cover
• If the procedure is performed in a hospital, you must check with your health fund if you are covered for the item numbers outlined in your quote prior to any surgical procedure. Some health funds have limited cover for some of the Plastic Surgery Medicare item numbers.
• Most anaesthetists will have a gap of between $200-300 for procedures performed in a hospital and will invoice you separately from Dr Turner.
Today Medicare rebates do not cover the full cost of providing patients with the premium level of medical care they deserve. This is because the rate at which governments have increased the Medicare Schedule fees has been substantially lower than increases in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and average weekly earnings.
The reality is that Medicare rebates do not cover the cost of providing you with safe and high-quality service. The fees charged by this practice have to cover all of our practice costs including employing receptionists and practice nurses, and meeting our operating expenses such as rent, medical equipment, electricity, computers, and insurance.
Medicare rebates have been frozen since 1 November 2012 with no plans to increase fees in the foreseeable future.
It is not possible for this practice to meet our running costs each year without increasing our fees. The Medicare rebate freeze means that this practice is no longer able to bulk bill all of our patients. Our medical fees are in accordance with the guidelines set out by the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.