Breast Implants With Fat Transfer – Composite Or Hybrid Breast Augmentation Surgery by Dr Turner
Hybrid Breast Enhancement or Composite Breast Augmentation is achieved by combining breast augmentation surgery using breast implants with additional fat transfer to the breast. It is the latest technique of breast augmentation surgery where the implant and fat transfer will deliver more natural and aesthetic results than conventional breast augmentation procedures alone. Usually, in people with less breast tissue, the fat transfer can give a natural breast contour and cleavage as the breast augmentation is not solely dependent on the implant. More recently, the use of larger implants for breast augmentation has been replaced with smaller implants and your own fat – The hybrid breast augmentation.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turner’s Ultimate Guide to Cosmetic Breast Surgery
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turner’s Fat Transfer to Breast & Autologous Fat Grafting Guide
Benefits Of Hybrid Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Smaller silicone breast implant sizes can be used, as the fat transfer is combined with an implant to achieve the desired breast size, minimising the complications of larger breast implants
- Enhanced cleavage lines can be achieved with selective fat transfer along the medial edge of the breast implant.
- Improved upper pole fullness can be achieved with fat transfer to the breast.
- In slim patients, the risk of rippling, palpability and visibility is reduced with the use of fat transfer to increase the soft tissue covering the breast implant.
- As stem cells also get transferred to the breast along with fat tissues, this leads to a good and healthy skin tone.
- Fat transfer may be an opportunity to correct an asymmetry while also using symmetrical implants, avoiding the implants dropping at different rates.
Hybrid BA – Breast Implant with Fat Transfer Before and After Photos
Am I A Good Candidate For Hybrid Breast Augmentation?
- Patients who have very small breasts and want to increase the volume of their breasts.
- A patient who is dissatisfied with their previous augmentation aesthetic outcome and wants more natural results.
- Patients who want big breasts that do not look unnatural.
- Patients with a wide chest and space between their breasts.
- Patients with asymmetrical breast or chest, previous scar, and several breast defects.
Am I Suitable For Breast Augmentation With My Own Fat?
Any individual who is reasonably well mentally and physically healthy is a candidate for a breast implant. You may not be a good candidate if you are:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding
- Have breast cancer or an abnormal mammogram.
- You have an active infection or chronic disease.
- Your cosmetic goals are unrealistic.
The Hybrid Breast Augmentation Procedure:
The procedure is done in a standard hospital setting and includes two procedures, autologous fat transfer along with the placing of a breast implant. Due to this reason, the recovery time is slightly longer. For the fat transfer component, the patient should have enough body fat to allow enough fat to be harvested for the procedure. If the person is very lean with less body fat, it may not be possible to harvest enough fat to carry out this procedure successfully.
The hybrid breast augmentation is carried out in the following steps:
- General Anesthesia: Hybrid breast augmentation surgery is carried out under general anaesthesia. You will be completely unconscious and will not feel any pain during the procedure. You will also be given pain relief and sedation after the procedure.
- Operative site preparation: The operative sites (both breast and fat harvesting) are sterilized to lessen the chance of infection.
- Fat preparation: Liposuction is performed in which the patient’s fat is harvested from areas like the outer thigh, buttocks, or abdomen. This fat is filtered to separate impurities and increase concentrations of stem cells.
- Making an incision: Your plastic surgeon will make an incision to get access to the breast. The common site of incision is under the armpit, inframammary incision (beneath the breast), and periareolar incisions (around the nipple). The implant is then placed along with the autologous fat cells. To achieve natural results from hybrid breast augmentation surgery, it is essential to find an experienced plastic surgeon.
Book a consultation now to find out more about the benefits of the Hybrid breast augmentation procedure.
Recovery After Hybrid Breast Augmentation Surgery
At the completion of your surgery, Dr Turner will apply dressings to the incision site to aid wound healing. All sutures used self-dissolve, so no post-op suture removal is necessary. You will be placed in a surgical garment in the recovery room when you are fully awake and comfortable. It is important to wear the garment full time for the first month to assist wound healing and settling of the new breast shape.
Patients report mild postoperative pain, which is treated with oral medication. You will be given a prescription for pain management. Have someone fill the prescription, drive you home and take care of you as you recover during the first few days after your surgery.
You can return to your normal activities at a slow and gradual pace. You may be back to work as soon as one week after hybrid breast augmentation surgery and may begin light exercise at two weeks. Most activities can be resumed fully at six weeks following your procedure.
You will have an appointment to see Dr Turner within the first week after surgery to check that your wounds are healing as expected and to review your new breast shape. Dr Turner will see you frequently over the first year to monitor your progress and will give you advice on scar management, wearing garments and resuming normal activities.
It is extremely important to your final result that you follow all post-operative instructions given to you by Dr Turner.
Risks And Complications Of Hybrid Breast Augmentation Surgery:
Hybrid breast augmentation surgery is generally regarded as a safe procedure, but with any surgery there are risks and potential complications. The potential risks and complications of Hybrid BA wlll be well discussed with Dr Turner during your consultation. You will get information and advice about how to reduce your risks before the procedure.
Prices & Fees For Hybrid Breast Augmentation
How much does it cost for a hybrid breast augmentation surgery – combining implants with fat grafting?
The price for hybrid breast augmentation is dependent on several factors. Your anatomy, the time in theatre for surgery required and which hospital the procedure is performed will impact the price. The expertise of your surgeon, and the type of implant to be used will also play a significant role. For more detailed information and a detailed quote for the cost of the procedure, you can book a consultation with Dr. Turner, a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon serving both Sydney and Newcastle.
Hybrid BA FAQs – Questions About Combining Implants With Grafting Your Own Fat
How Much Can Fat Transfer Increase Breast Size?
The size achieved depends upon the amount of fat available and the size of the implant used, however we generally only transfer between 50 to 125mls of fat per breast. The breast size also increases on gaining weight following the surgery.
Does All The Fat Graft Survive?
The graft survival largely depends upon the surgeon’s level of expertise, fat harvesting technique, and processing of the liposuction aspirate. The survival is increased if it is harvested under low pressure than the standard high pressure used for liposuction. The harvested fat should be processed to remove blood and cellular debris and injected with a small cannula using a technique of multiple injections as fat cells will have more chance of acquiring vascular connection to survive and grow. Generally around 70% of the injected fat graft will survive long term.
Will Weight Change Affect The Size Of My Breast?
The answer is yes. Your breast fat cells will behave just like other fat cells in your body. On gaining weight, your breast size will also increase accordingly. Just like that, if you lose weight, your breast size will also decrease.
Can I Swap My Old Breast Implant For My Fat?
Yes, this is becoming a more popular option, however depending on the size of your old implants, this may require multiple procedures.
Summary – Hybrid BA Surgery
To conclude, hybrid breast surgery is increasingly popular with a quality aesthetic result. The complications are comparable to other forms of breast augmentation surgery.
The main downside of hybrid breast augmentation surgery is the increased surgery cost of combining surgical techniques.
The upside of hybrid breast augmentation surgery includes using smaller breast implants, a more natural look, better cleavage, and symmetrical breasts.
Further Reading and Medical References about Hybrid BA
- American Society of Plastic Surgeon page on Fat Transfer in Breast Augmentation surgery
- BPS- The Pros and Cons of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery- Safety Profiles of Fat Processing Techniques in Autologous Fat Transfer for Breast Reconstruction
- British Journal of Hospital Medicine- Autologous fat transfer for breast surgery
Your Hybrid BA Consultation With Dr Turner
The first step is to secure a consultation with a qualified and skilled specialist plastic surgeon. During your meeting, you should discuss which procedure will be best for your aesthetic goals. You should also discuss with your surgeon your expectations and take feedback on what best suits your body anatomy.
At the consultation, Dr Turner will discuss with you about the procedure, preparations, recovery, and costs of the procedure. You can also enquire about specific aspects of hybrid breast augmentations i.e.,
- The Fat Transfer technique and benefits
- Are you a suitable candidate to undergo this procedure?
- What should you do to get the best result?
- What surgical procedure best fits you?
- How long will the recovery period last?
- What to expect with your hybrid breast augmentation to look like over time?
Why Choose Dr.Turner For Hybrid BA Breast Augmentation?
Dr. Scott Turner is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon serving Sydney and Newcastle specializing in cosmetic & reconstructive surgery. He has performed many breast implant surgeries and fat transfers.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]