Facial Rejuvenation & Surgery in Newcastle & Sydney NSW
Facial rejuvenation surgery has undergone dramatic advancements over the past decade and now encompasses a wide spectrum of treatment options, both surgical and non-surgical, which work together to reverse the signs of ageing and give results that look natural and beautiful rather than to change your appearance or give you a ‘had work done’ look.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turners’s Facial Rejuvenation Surgery Guide
How Facial Rejuvenation can make you look younger
Wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, sagging jowls, and other visible signs of aging are inevitable. Other factors such as prolonged sun exposure, genetics, medications, smoking, and repeated facial expressions can also play a part in the development of your skin and facial imperfections. If you want to achieve smoother, radiant, and younger-looking skin on your face, facial rejuvenation might be right for you.
Dr Turner’s approach is to develop a comprehensive treatment plan for you that will best address your desires from quick non-surgical procedure with minimal downtime to surgical procedures which can provide dramatic improvements and proven longevity.
The aim of facial enhancement is to revitalise, refine and beautify, not to exaggerate your face. This requires a thorough understanding of facial harmony and aesthetic proportions to achieve the right balance of treatment/s, both surgical and non-surgical. If wrong decisions are made and inappropriate procedures undertaken then facial harmony can be destroyed creating unnatural results.
Different Types of Facial Rejuvenation Surgery
As a Cosmetic Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Scott Turner offers a variety of facial enhancement and facelift treatments including
- Face Lift & Neck Lift
- Rhinoplasty – Nose Surgery or Nose Job
- Brow Lift
- Otoplasty – Ear Correction & Ear Pinning
What is Facial Surgery?
This is a group of surgical procedures that provides facial rejuvenation by removing excess skin or fat and by tightening the skin on your face, eyes, nose, forehead, neck, jaw, and lip area.
Am I a Good Candidate for Facial Surgery?
During your consultation with one of our renowned surgeons, he or she will assess your health history, current medications, body type, and aesthetic goals to determine if face surgery is right for you. In general, you are allowed to have a face contouring procedure if:
- You are bothered by the visible signs of aging on your face.
- You are not taking any medications that can significantly increase your risk of bleeding.
- You are willing to adhere to pre- and post-surgical instructions.
- You don’t have a bleeding or clotting disorder.
- You don’t have any chronic debilitating disease.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have a positive outlook in life.
- You have realistic treatment goals.
- You have wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, sagging jowls, and other visible signs of aging.
What are the Benefits of Facial Surgery?
Undergoing a facial contouring procedure can give you the following benefits:
- Improved breathing
- Improved outlook in life
- Improved visual function
- Increased self-esteem
- Smoother, radiant, rejuvenated facial skin
What are the Most Popular Facial Surgery Procedures?
The following are the most common facial plastic surgery procedures:
- Eyelid surgery: Removes folds and bags under your eyes by removing excess skin and fat.
- Face lift: Tightens the facial skin by removing excess skin and tissue and using sutures to reshape your face.
- Neck lift: Removes loose skin and fatty deposits on your neck to achieve a rejuvenated appearance.
- Nose Surgery or Rhinoplasty – to help improve the look or function of your nose
Recovery after Facial Surgery
Your recovery time will greatly depend on the type and extent of your face contouring procedure as well as your desired cosmetic goals. It is important to keep in mind that the recovery period may vary from patient to patient. In general, you normally experience pain and soreness on your face following your procedure. Any discomfort that you may feel can be managed by mild pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. If you are stable, your surgeon will allow you to go home and will provide you with instructions regarding how to care for your surgical wounds, medications to take at home, and when to return for follow-up. You will also be advised to refrain from strenuous activities to prevent tension on your suture lines.
How much is Facial Surgery? – Costs & Prices
The average prices and costs of facial surgery vary as every patient has different medical conditions and treatment goals. During your consultation, your surgeon will provide you with a customised estimate and price range for your desired facial contouring procedure.
What are the Risks of Facial Surgery?
Like other surgical procedures, face surgery also has its risks. When recovering at home, it is important to watch out for the following signs and symptoms associated with your procedure:
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia such as skin rashes and difficulty breathing
- Changes in your facial sensation
- Delayed wound healing
- Facial weakness
- Increasing pain in your face
- Numbness in one or both sides of your face
- Pus draining from your wound
- Severe swelling
- Skin discoloration
- Skin loss
- Sutures that protrude through the skin
- Unwanted scarring
- Wound dehiscence
Facial Surgery Glossary
- Anesthesia – Drugs used during a surgical procedure to relieve pain and other discomforts.
- Anti-inflammatories – Medications that suppress inflammation.
- Hematoma – Visible pooling of blood under your skin.
- Hemorrhage – Uncontrolled bleeding
- Jowls – Sagging skin that is located on your jawline.
- Wound dehiscence – Partial or total separation of wound edges after it has been sutured.
Celebrities that have had Facial Surgery
The following are the celebrities who are believed to have had facial surgery:
- Ariel Winter
- Ashley Tisdale
- Britney Spears
- Cindy Crawford
- Courtney Love
- Dianna Agron
- Jane Fonda
- Kaley Cuoco
- Kourtney Kardashian
- Kris Jenner
- Lisa Kudrow
- NeNe Leakes
- Tyra Banks
- Yolanda Hadid
Face Surgery FAQs – Questions about Facial Surgery & Neck Surgery
Will my Private Health Insurance cover my Facial Surgery Expenses?
In most cases, your health insurance plan will not cover your facial surgery expenses because it is considered cosmetic and 'elective surgery'. To reduce your financial burden, Dr Turner can provide you with information about a range of medical financing options during your consultation.
What should I do before my Facial Surgery?
During your consultation with a top surgeon, you will be advised to avoid any blood-thinning medications, smoking, alcohol, and prolonged sun exposure a week before your surgery to ensure optimal results and lower your risk of complications.
How can I minimize discomfort after my Procedure?
Aside from taking pain relievers and anti-inflammatories, your surgeon will advise you to use an ice compress over your surgical wound to minimize facial discomforts. Before discharge, your surgeon will teach you how to care for your wound.
How long will the Results of my Facial Surgery Last?
Several factors will affect the clinical outcome of your surgery including your surgeon's skills, the type and extent of your surgery, how you care for your wound, and how you adhere to post-surgical instructions. In general, the results of face surgery are permanent and can last for several years. However, you may need another surgery at some point in your life to maintain your younger-looking skin.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.