Male Neck Lift Surgery in Sydney by Dr Turner
A Male Neck lift can help reduce the early signs of ageing. Male Neck surgery can help eliminate excess loose skin and tighten your neck muscles to create a stronger more defined jaw and jowls area. The surgery is specifically tailored for men to give you an enhanced, masculine and youthful appearance. A male lower facelift or necklift is the ideal option to help make you look and feel younger which can help improve your employment and dating prospects. Dr Scott Turner is Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Sydney NSW, who can help.
When should I consider Neck Surgery?
An ageing neck and drooping eyelids are two of the aesthetic conditions that affect both men and women early on in the ageing process. The first signs of ageing usually start to show on the neck area which can turn into heavy jowls or turkey neck. A male neck lift surgery can give you a more youthful look, proportioned face, sharp jawline, sleeker chin and seamless neck. If you struggle with a turkey neck, excess skin and wrinkles or bands on your neck, this procedure may be for you.
How a Neck Rejuvenation could help:
- Can help eliminate excess fat underneath the chin region
- Can get rid of excess skin on the neck
- Can tghten the skin and muscles on the neck region
- Can make you look youthful and take years off your age
- Can make you feel more confident
Male Neck Lift Surgery Procedure
Surgery for a male neck lift includes:
- Anesthesia. Dr Turner uses general anaesthesia performed in a hospital theatre.
- Different incisions will be made for a traditional or a limited neck lift. In the case of a traditional neck left, the incision will start from the hairline at the sideburn and will continue to the ear and posterior hair. In case of a limited incision neck lift or mini neck lift, incisions are created around the ears.
- Dr Turner will redistribute and reposition the fat and tissue in the neck area. It will be followed by the removal of excess skin and re-draping to give a smooth look.
- The incisions are closed with absorbable sutures, followed by adhesives and dressings.
Recovery after Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, your neck will feel tight. You will also experience bruising and swelling which will fade in a couple of days. Your stitches will be removed in about 10-14 days. Aim at resting as much as possible during the first week after the surgery. During this time, if you feel anything unusual, immediately get in touch with your surgeon. Never ignore any warning signs such as excessive bleeding, infection, and extreme pain.
Risks and Concerns about Male Neck Lift
A Neck lift surgery, like any other surgical procedure, comes with a certain degree of risks and concerns. Following are some of the complications associated with neck lift surgery: bleeding under the skin, blood clotting, infections, nerve damage, skin loss, open wounds, scarring and reaction to anesthesia. Read our Risks & Complications page.
Male Neck Lift Sydney Cost & Prices – How much is Male Neck Lift in Sydney?
All Surgery is customised for you and Dr Turner’s team will give you a package price for your surgery that will depend on the exact type of procedure you require, the hospital you choose and the length of your surgery & stay. It will include aftercare, follow-up and extra post-op services that you need
After your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote. This will include the Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and hospital fees.
Male Neck Lift FAQs
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”What causes male turkey neck?” answer-0=”Turkey neck is primarily caused by a weakening of neck muscles and loss of elasticity in the skin. Many people experience it as a part of the natural skin aging process.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”What age does turkey neck start?” answer-1=”Ageing impacts different people in different manners. For some people, turkey neck starts to form in their forties while for others, it usually happens in the late fifties and sixties.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”What is best for sagging neck?” answer-2=”Neck lift surgery is the only semi-permanent way to lift up your sagging neck. The results can last for up to 10 years.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h3″ question-3=”What is a mini neck lift?” answer-3=”A mini neck lift is a less invasive procedure and can significantly improve the appearance of your neck. During the surgical procedure, the surgeon removes excess skin by eliminating the vertical neckbands.” image-3=”” headline-4=”h3″ question-4=”What is the best neck tightening procedure?” answer-4=”A neck lift is the most transformative and long-lasting neck tightening procedure that eliminates the sagging skin and wrinkles of the face, giving you a very youthful look. ” image-4=”” headline-5=”h3″ question-5=”What is the best procedure to get rid of jowls?” answer-5=”A neck lift is the best procedure to eliminate neck jowls semi-permanently.” image-5=”” headline-6=”h3″ question-6=”What is a deep neck lift?” answer-6=”A deep neck lift is an advanced surgical technique that allows the surgeon to operate on the neck muscles, reposition them, remove excess fat, and skin to give you a more sculpted look.” image-6=”” headline-7=”h3″ question-7=”What is the difference between a neck lift and a mini neck lift?” answer-7=”A neck lift works on neck muscles, skin as well as fat deposits on the neck. On the other hand, a mini neck lift mainly removes the excess skin on the neck area.” image-7=”” headline-8=”h3″ question-8=”What is the least invasive neck lift?” answer-8=”A Minimally-Invasive Neck Lift is a scar less procedure and is considered to be less invasive as compared to all other types of neck lifts.” image-8=”” headline-9=”h3″ question-9=”Where are the scars for a neck lift?” answer-9=”Neck lift scars are well hidden and are usually found behind the ears and underneath the chin area. If you are still concerned about scars, you can always discuss your scar removal and minimisation options.” image-9=”” headline-10=”h3″ question-10=”Will a neck lift help jowls?” answer-10=”Yes, a neck lift is a surgical procedure that can help eliminate neck jowls semi-permanently. ” image-10=”” headline-11=”h3″ question-11=”Do men get neck lifts?” answer-11=”Yes, of course, plenty of men get neck lifts done to restore the appearance on their neck. It gives them a more masculine appeal.” image-11=”” headline-12=”h3″ question-12=”How difficult is a neck lift?” answer-12=”A neck lift is an invasive surgery that requires the expertise of a skilled surgeon. Choose a surgeon wisely and take care of yourself post-surgery to ensure the best neck lift results. ” image-12=”” count=”13″ html=”true” css_class=””]
Further Reading & References
Always Do Your Research
- Enquire to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A GP Referral is required to Consult with Dr Turner (under new AHPRA Regulations)
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing and payment plans
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation
- You can book your initial consultation by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment
BOOK A PHONE CALL FOR MORE INFO
- To find out more information about surgery you can book a FREE 15-minute phone conversation with our Friendly Patient Care team via Calendly- Book Consultant 1 or Book Consultant 2
Contact us or call on 1300 437 758 to arrange your surgeon consultation in Sydney.