It is natural for patients looking to undergo cosmetic surgery to research not only the procedure (including any risks and potential complications) but also and more importantly, who is going to be performing that procedure. Traditionally, potential patients would seek advice from their friends, family and the trusted local GP in choosing the right surgeon. However, with the rise of the internet and social media, there are now numerous online review sites and forums which now form an increasingly important part of the decision process in selecting the right surgeon. With the quick and easy access to this vast information, it has empowered many people to make more accurate and well-informed decisions for themselves.
While the value of these sites is undisputed in educating patients, we need to highlight that like all things on the internet they are not always factual. Not everything that you read online is genuine feedback based on actual real patients experiences.
– Many cosmetic clinics are known to post fake reviews, both positive and negative (competitor clinic profiles) to boost their business. This has become increasingly more common with online cosmetic forum sites with clinics paying staff/marketing agencies to pretend to be actual patients promoting a particular doctor while discrediting other clinics/surgeons.
– Some negative reviews are from real patients who did not receive a result that met their expectation (who actually had a very good surgical outcome but had unrealistic expectations) and so write numerous negative reviews to punish their surgeon.
– While most negative reviews are from real patients that may have experienced a real medical complication due to a known risk of the procedure. It is important to highlight that these complications can occur to all surgeons who perform this procedure and nearly all Plastic Surgeons will have some negative reviews online. With patients much more likely to write a review based on the negative outcome than a positive result.
In an attempt to minimize the effects of these issues, the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) banned testimonials on all doctors websites from 2010. While this potentially stops clinics from publishing fake and misleading patients reviews, it has created numerous independent review websites that are highly unregulated with most not even located in Australia.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]