The world of plastic surgery is highly customised. Each person is looking for the perfect look to create facial harmony or their own ideal body shape. Despite this, however, we still see a lot of trends. People get a procedure that they are thrilled with and they share the good news with their friends. Of course, with social media, word of mouth travels faster than ever before.
Today, surgeons in Sydney and around the world are seeing a surprising new trend: lip reductions. While the trend of getting lip enhancing injections has gotten a lot of attention, there are many men and women who are looking for smaller lips.
Why Lip Reductions Are So Popular
Men and women with big lips are sure to be unsurprised by the trend. In fact, if you are an Asian person between the ages of 20 to 30 years old, you may have heard about this trend before.
There are countless men and women in Asia who have gone under the knife to get thinner lips. Likewise, many people of Asian heritage, as well as other ethnicities around the world are interested in having smaller lips.
According to plastic surgeons in Asia, this is part of a wider trends that is centred around Asian people who are seeking a more “western” look. Many Asian men and women are clamouring for a look more traditionally associated with Caucasians. This includes getting narrower cheekbones, having double eyelid surgery and creating thinner lips.
What to Expect from a Lip Reduction
A lip reduction can be a great option for you, whatever your ethnicity is. This simple and nearly painless operation will leave you with no visible scarring and is an ideal solution for creating facial harmony.
When you go for a lip reduction procedure, you will be given a local or IV anaesthesia. The actual operation typically takes about 30 minutes per lip. During the operation, very small incisions will be made inside of the lip, which will leave no visible scarring outside of your lips after the procedure.
Following the procedure, patients can generally expect a recovery time of about one week, depending on the degree of swelling.
Who Can Get a Lip Reduction?
Like most cosmetic surgeries, any man or woman in good overall health can be a good candidate. This procedure is highly customisable procedure and can transform the way that men and women look and feel about themselves.
Rather than just reducing the size of the lips, a lip reduction surgery can be designed to create facial harmony by reducing lip asymmetry or scarring.
Getting Started with Plastic Surgery
Are you looking for a change? Whatever you are interested in changing, Dr Turner can help! With clinics in Dee Why, Newcastle and Sydney, Dr Turner is one of Australia’s premier plastic surgeons.
Contact Dr Turner to arrange a no-obligation consultation. He will meet with you one-to-one to answer all of your questions on cosmetic surgery. He will listen to your needs and concerns to create a customised treatment for you.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.