Time takes a toll on your health and also your skin. As you age, your skin loses elastin and collagen. which is vital for skin structure, volume, and skin texture. The ability for your skin to heal also decreases significantly over time. As we age, it becomes increasingly important to take care of your skin and choose the right anti-aging options. Here are some great ideas for Looking Younger for Longer. Dr Scott Turner is a facial rejuvenation expert and plastic surgeon in Newcastle and Sydney NSW. He leads the team at Skin Atelier – a boutique cosmetic clinic of dermal clinicians, nurses and anti-ageing treatments.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turners’s Facial Rejuvenation Surgery Guide
Start with Preventative Skincare
Everyone wants to look youthful for as long as possible. It is important to know that preventing skin aging is much easier than reversing it. As a rule, it is important to establish a good skincare routine as a habit and lead a healthy lifestyle. However, if you wish to look significantly younger than your age, you might also need a bit of cosmetic help. There are numerous surgical and nonsurgical options to choose from. Let’s discuss a few of the best ones.
Nonsurgical Solutions for Looking younger
Here is a list of some nonsurgical anti-aging options to turn the clock backward and look younger than your age.
1. Skin Care Products
Your skin really starts to age as soon as you hit 20. It is important to have a good skincare routine in place to combat the signs of aging. For starters, wear sunscreen, moisturize your skin regularly, and include anti-aging serums and creams in your daily routine. Exfoliate your skin regularly to buff away dead skin cells and reveal fresh, glowing skin underneath.
2. Skin Needling
Skin needling, Dermapen or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) is another helpful procedure that creates microscopic cuts in your skin. These cuts encourage collagen production and make your skin look tighter, firmer, and youthful over time. Needling is also useful for scar minimisation, It is important to get these treatments done by a dermal professional to get the best results.
Dermal fillers are one of the easiest treatments to restore your skin’s youthful appearance. For those of you who don’t know what dermal fillers are, they are essentially gel-like substances that are injected underneath the skin to restore volume, smooth out fine lines, wrinkles and enhance the contours of your face. Lip Fillers, Cheek Filler and Facial Fillers can be used to restore lost volume and look younger.
4. Skin Boosters
Another great nonsurgical option to look youthful is skin boosters. These are essentially hyaluronic acid injections that ensure deep hydration of the skin from within. Boosters can smooth out fine lines, wrinkles, boosts hydration, and makes it appear dewy and glowy.
Anti-wrinkle injections or Muscle Relaxant Injections are something many celebrities swear by. It is the secret behind the most well-preserved faces of the entertainment industry. These injections relax the muscles, which prevents creasing and leading to wrinkles. It is perhaps the most popular to look younger and delay ageing.
6. Laser Facial Rejuvenation
The goal of a Laser treatment is simple; to improve the overall appearance of the skin in the most non-invasive manner possible. Laser treatments like Laser Genesis, can help to remove the signs of sun damage, scars, dark spots, fine lines, pigmentation, and wrinkles. The complete treatment typically requires a regular resurfacing treatment to look younger and maintain your skin’s revitalised appearance.
7. Healite LED
It is a non-invasive skin surface treatment that rejuvenates your skin helping you to look younger. It is not only an anti-aging treatment but also helps to eliminate acne, acne marks, pigmentation, patchiness, and dullness. The procedure involves the use of a light-emitting diode or LED, which delivers light energy in precise wavelengths and makes your skin look healthier over a few sessions.
With age, most people start to develop a double chin, turkey neck or heavy jowls which makes them look older than their age. Sometimes it’s due to excess weight, while other times it’s because of genetics and aging. Luckily, you can reduce some of the excess fat underneath your skin with a double chin reduction injection. It is a quick procedure that can transforms your lower face to keep you looking younger.
9. PRP Treatments
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy uses injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets to accelerate the rejuvenation and healing of your body. PRP injections use each individual patient’s own healing system to improve ageing issues like hair loss and skin problems.
Surgical Options for Looking Younger
Now that we have covered some nonsurgical options, let’s see a few surgical ones:
The eyes are one of the first places that begin to show the signs of ageing. Eyes are a window to the soul and an indicator of our age as well. Eyelid lift surgery improves the appearance of eyes by getting rid of excess skin, fat, and muscle. As a result, it reduces under-eye bags, droopy eyelids, and wrinkles around the eyes. After the surgery, you’ll be looking younger, less tired and more refreshed. Read our Eyelid Lift FAQs.
Mini facelift surgery is a procedure that focuses on correcting sagging skin. It essentially focuses on the lower half of the face and gets rid of loose skin around the jaw and neck area. The mini facelift is still an invasive procedure but requires fewer incisions and less downtime than a conventional facelift procedure. It is ideal for younger patients who have most of the signs of ageing on the lower part of their face.
If you have a lot of wrinkles on your forehead area, this is a perfect option for you. A brow lift tightens the skin around your forehead, eliminates wrinkles and fine lines, and gives you a more youthful appearance. A brow lift is sometimes a better option than an Eyelid LIft if your brows are heavy and sagging – causing the eyelid sag.
4. Face Lift
A traditional deep plane facelift procedure can give you the most dramatic results and erases at least ten years off your face. It is recommended for people in their fifties, sixties or older. It is certainly the most effective of all facial rejuvenation procedures for looking younger, although it requires significant downtime and a recovery period. This particular surgery is life-changing and can be truly transformational.
5. Neck Lift
The neck is one of those places which is a clear indicator of our age. Oftentimes it can make us look older than we actually are. The excess skin, lines, and wrinkles on our necks are very unsightly. Luckily, there is a way to achieve your youthful neck back with the help of a neck lift surgery. A neck lift removes excess skin and fat from the neck area to get rid of wrinkles and creasing. As a result, you can look up to 10 years younger. Neck lift may be combined with Facelift or Mini Facelift)
6. Neck and Chin Liposuction
This is a relatively less invasive procedure to restore your looks. As we age, most of the fat accumulates underneath our chin and neck region, making us look older. Neck and chin liposuction is an ideal way to get rid of excess fat around these areas and look youthful. It is a single sitting procedure that can transform your looks. You can also couple it with other anti-ageing procedures such as eyelift, skin boosters to achieve optimal results.
FAQs – about Looking Younger
What is the best procedure to make your face look younger?
- There are a variety of surgical and nonsurgical procedures that can make you look years younger than your age. Some of the most common options are facelifts, fillers, lasers, micro-needling, combined with a good regular skincare routine.
What cosmetic procedures make you look younger?
- There are a number of cosmetic procedures that will make you look youthful. Some of them are skin needling, dermal filler, skin boosters, anti-wrinkle injectables, laser facial rejuvenation, led light treatment, double chin reduction injection, and a facelift.
How can I make my face look ten years younger?
- The only way to make your face look ten years younger is by opting for facial rejuvenation like a facelift.
What is the best age to have a facelift?
- Although, there is no specific age to get the facelift surgery done. A facelift generally works best for people in their 40s, 50s, and 60s.
How can I rebuild collagen in my face?
- You can rebuild collagen in your face by improving your diet, quitting smoking, taking vitamin C and collagen supplements. For more dramatic results, skin needling, lasers, and skin boosters are a great option.
What is the best facial treatment for aging skin?
- In terms of nonsurgical options, Platelet-rich plasma therapy and micro-needling are helpful options.
What is the best cosmetic surgery for wrinkles?
- A facelift is certainly the best cosmetic surgery to erase wrinkles off your face. Dermal Fillers and Anti Wrinkle Injections can also help with looking younger.
At what age do you start to look old?
- Skin aging is different for different people. How quickly or late your skin ages depends on your genes, overall health, lifestyle, and many other factors. Most people start to experience signs of aging in their thirties and forties.
What should I eat to help looking younger and beautiful?
- Avoid all kinds of sugary and processed items. Aim at drinking more water and consuming whole foods; fresh foods, vegetables, whole grains, and superfoods.
How can I stop my face from ageing?
- You cannot stop your face from ageing. It is a natural part of getting older. Although, you can delay the ageing process by leading a healthy lifestyle and following a good skincare regimen.
What makes a face look older?
- Here are a few things that make your face look older; Sun exposure, Smoking, Poor Diet, Stress – these triggers can show up as uneven pigmentation, dull-looking skin, fine lines, wrinkles, spots, volume loss and sagging skin.
What is the most effective anti-aging treatment?
- The right skincare routine forms the basis of youthful skin. You can also opt for PRP and micro-needling treatment.
What is the secret of looking younger?
- Genetic play an important role in how your skin looks. Eventually, it all comes down to how well you take care of your health and skin. You can also opt for good regular skincare treatments and avoid the sun.
What are the seven signs of aging?
- Here are the top seven signs of aging; fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, uneven skin tone, blotchiness, rough skin texture, and open pores.
Does stress age your face?
- Yes, research shows that chronic stress can lead to inflammation which accelerates the process of skin aging.
Can dermal fillers help with looking younger?
- Dermal Fillers to replace loss facial volume can make you look around five years younger. Most patients maintain their new look for a period of six to twelve months after having dermal fillers.
What procedures remove wrinkles?
- Lasers, fillers, anti-wrinkle injections and facelifts remove wrinkles off your face.
What is the best nonsurgical treatment for under-eye wrinkles?
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections works best for under-eye wrinkles because it relaxes the muscles around your eyes. An eyelid lift surgery or blepharoplasty may also help
How can I tighten my face without surgery?
- There are a lot of nonsurgical options to choose from when you want to look youthful. PRP, Microneedling, skin boosters, and laser treatments are great options. The right way to determine which one will suit you best is by visiting a skin specialist.
Book a Consultation with Dr Turner and the Skin Atelier team to find out about Looking Younger
Want an effective anti-aging plan for yourself? Wish to get an expert opinion and explore your options? Simply fill out the consultation form below, and one of our team members will get back to you shortly. Alternatively, you can also give us a call or send us an email.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.