The latest VECTRA 3D imaging system is used at Dee Why to help you make the right choices regarding your cosmetic surgery procedure. The VECTRA’s three-dimensional computer models show you side-by-side, simulated before-and-after images.
The VECTRA 3D imaging allows you to preview a variety of procedures offered by Dr Turner:
How the Vectra 3D Imaging Works
The VECTRA 3D machine uses a number of cameras to take multiple simultaneous pictures of you from different viewpoints. This is used to build a 3D virtual image of your body to assist planning of your aesthetic procedure. Patients say that being able to see an image of the actual changes they are considering greatly increase their confidence and reassurance. It is important to note that actual results can vary due to factors such as your tissue quality and healing ability.
What to Expect with your Vectra 3d Imaging
1. Your VECTRA 3D simulation experience begins with a picture session in the doctor’s office. This creates the starting point for your aesthetic consultation.
2. Using special simulation software on your 3D picture, your doctor will show you the possible results of the aesthetic procedures you may choose to have. You will be able to experiment with different looks until you find the one you want.
3. The entire process takes only a few minutes, and you will have the opportunity to review the results during your initial consultation. At that time you can request alternative simulations to be sure you are comfortable with the recommended surgical plan.
4. Once you have decided on the appearance you want, this simulation will provide a basis for your surgical plan. Because you have already seen the result, you can be confident in the choice that you make.
Dr Turner is proud to introduce the latest in 3D imaging technology and is only one of a very few cosmetic plastic surgery clinics in Australia to offer this technology.
Using Vectra 3D Imaging for Breast Implant Size
Find out how Vectra 3D imaging can eliminate all the hassles of choosing the best breast implant size for your body type and aesthetic goals.
If you are considering a breast augmentation or breast implant surgery, you might consider bringing pictures of celebrities with well-defined breasts during your consultation in order for your surgeon to get an idea of your desired aesthetic goal. To manage your expectations, surgeons also have their own photos of successful results from various surgeries they have performed for you to look at. But what if the use of photos to determine your breast implant size is considered obsolete nowadays? With Vectra 3D imaging, it’s now possible to create realistic 3D models of a certain body part that you want to enhance.
What is the Vectra 3D Imaging?
The Vectra 3D imaging technology is a state-of-the-art tool that provides realistic images of the face, breast, and other body parts to allow surgeons and patients to preview the results of a surgical procedure during the consultation period. With ultra-high resolution, it provides real-time simulation of the clinical results of your desired procedure, thus, eliminating the need for comparison of photos of different patients and celebrities. With this technology, you and your surgeon can easily adjust and decide on what changes to make to best suit your cosmetic needs.
How Does the Vectra 3D Imaging Work?
The Vectra 3D imaging requires your current photographs that will be taken during your consultation period. Basically, your surgeon will take a photo of a body part that you want to enhance. From these baseline images, your surgeon will use the Sculptor 3D software to create the expected results of your desired cosmetic procedure. The 3D model can be viewed from almost any angle and can be rotated on the computer screen. Depending on the cosmetic procedure being considered, the 3D model of your breasts can be adjusted so that they will look larger, fuller, and well-defined. If you’re considering facial surgery, the 3D model of your face can be smoothed or tightened to achieve a rejuvenated appearance. Based on these adjustments, your surgeon can fine-tune his or her treatment plan to help you achieve the results you want.
What to Expect during a Vectra 3D Imaging?
During your consultation, your surgeon will take photos of the body areas that you want to enhance using the Vectra 3D camera. This provides baseline measurements of your body anatomy. Next, your surgeon will create simulated results of your desired cosmetic procedure. Vectra 3D imaging technology provides you with 3D models of a body part that can be viewed from all angles. This allows you to compare the before and after results of your breast reduction, breast reconstruction, or rhinoplasty without the need to wait for several hours.
Once the image is displayed on the monitor, your surgeon can virtually replicate different expected outcomes of your surgery as well as approaches necessary to achieve optimal results. For instance, your surgeon can choose from a variety of implant types, shapes, and sizes to create an image of your breasts. In addition, this technology can also be used to simulate the outcome of combination procedures such as breast augmentation and breast lift – this unique advantage allows you and your surgeon to make a more informed determination of the body areas that need to be improved.
After your consultation, your surgeon can provide access to a copy of all the surgical options that you need to review. Based on these simulated results, you’ll be able to determine which breast implant size will suit your body type, lifestyle, and cosmetic preferences.
Is Vectra 3D Imaging a Reliable tool for Predicting Breast Implant Size?
Several lines of evidence support the reliability of Vectra 3D imaging in predicting breast implant size.
In one study, researchers reported that Vectra scanners are reliable and accurate with low mean measurement error. 
In another study, researchers have compared the software simulation of Vectra 3D imaging technology to the actual patient measurements after primary breast augmentation procedure and they found a mean accuracy of 90.8%. 
Finally, a 2018 study assessing the breast volume and shape symmetry measurements of the Vectra XT 3D-SI system found that this technology can help assist surgeons in pre-operative planning and predicting aesthetic outcomes. 
Are you a Good Candidate for Vectra 3D Imaging?
Almost all patients who are planning to have a surgical procedure can undergo Vectra 3D imaging. In fact, there are no contraindications to the procedure. It is important to keep in mind that this technology does not replace your personal consultation with your surgeon. Rather, the Vectra 3D imaging greatly enhances the process of determining the best breast implant size for your cosmetic needs.
Is Vectra 3D Imaging Safe?
Vectra 3D imaging is very safe because it’s a non-invasive procedure and will only take photos of the body part that you want to enhance.
Are you planning to undergo a breast augmentation procedure and is considering Vectra 3D imaging technology? Schedule a consultation with one of our highly trained breast surgeons for you to get a picture of your desired aesthetic result.
Further Reading – Medical References:
- de Menezes M, Rosati R, Ferrario VF, et al. Accuracy and reproducibility of a 3-dimensional stereophotogrammetric imaging system. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2010;68:2129-35. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20646812/.
- Roostaeian J, Adams WP, Jr. Three-Dimensional Imaging for Breast Augmentation: Is This Technology Providing Accurate Simulations? Aesthet Surg J 2014;34:857-75. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24970274/.
- O’Connell RL, Khabra K, Bamber JC, et al. Validation of the Vectra XT three-dimensional imaging system for measuring breast volume and symmetry following oncological reconstruction. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018;171(2):391-398. doi:10.1007/s10549-018-4843-6. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6096875/.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.