What is a Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, also referred to as breast enhancement, is a great option for individuals seeking fuller and more aesthetically pleasing breasts.
Dr Turner, a highly esteemed Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Sydney, is renowned for his skill in performing breast augmentation. With an unwavering commitment to achieving the most attractive and authentic breast appearance, Dr Turner collaborates closely with patients to meet their unique aesthetic goals.
For those who prefer a more natural approach, we offer the option of natural breast enhancement using fat grafting, also known as a natural “boob job” with fat transfer. Additionally, a hybrid breast augmentation can be achieved by combining implants with a fat transfer.
What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery offers a range of benefits that can significantly enhance the fullness and shape of the breasts, resulting in a beautiful and natural appearance. Patients often seek this procedure to address various concerns, such as the loss of shape or volume caused by aging, breastfeeding, significant weight loss, or underdevelopment during puberty. It is no wonder that breast augmentation surgery has emerged as one of the most frequently performed cosmetic procedures by Dr Turner.
Watch Dr Turner’s Breast Augmentation Video
Before and After Breast Augmentation Results by Dr Turner
Breast Augmentation Before and After Photos
See lots more Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos
The information provided is for general purposes only, it is not intended to replace a professional consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon. Invasive procedures carry inherent risks and potential complications which will be discussed in detail. Results vary and should be used only as a guide as every client is unique, which is why a second opinion is advisable. Learn more about the risks of plastic surgery at https://drturner.com.au/patient-resources/risks-complications-of-surgery/
About Breast Implant Surgery
Given the nature of breast augmentation surgery, the procedure is conducted in a fully accredited private hospital, ensuring the utmost safety and care under the supervision of a qualified anaesthetist. General anaesthesia is administered during your surgery, and typically for a straightforward Breast Augmentation, patients are discharged the same day with no overnight stay required.
During Breast Augmentation surgery, a small incision is made to create a pocket for precise placement of the implant. Dr Turner, renowned for his expertise, prefers utilising an inframammary fold (IMF) incision positioned under the breast. This approach provides optimal exposure to the underlying breast tissue and pectoralis muscle, enabling accurate implant positioning.
At the patient’s discretion, Dr Turner may employ The Keller Funnel technique which is a specialised device that reduces the risk of infection and subsequent capsular contracture. Dr Turner has been performing successful Breast Augmentation procedures for many years now and has subsequently developed his preferred methods for garnering the best results for his patients.
Your Breast Implants Options & Choices
Dr Turner uses Motiva and mentor Implants. Visit our Breast Implants Options and Choices page for more information about the many different implant options, brands, sizes, profiles, shapes, textures, positioning, and incisions.
Over time, breast implants have undergone significant advancements, surpassing the era of runny, liquid silicone or saline implants. The combination of refined surgical techniques and improvements in implant composition, such as a more resilient outer shell and inner silicone gel, has notably enhanced the safety and reliability of breast augmentation surgery, yielding results that appear more natural.
Before undergoing breast augmentation surgery, it is of utmost importance that you have a clear understanding of the procedure and feel confident in your decision. To facilitate this process, we provide an opportunity for you to have a hands-on experience, allowing you to touch and feel the breast implants. This first-hand encounter grants you a better understanding of how the implants will feel within your own body, aiding in your decision-making process.
Are You A Suitable Candidate For Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Suitable candidates for breast augmentation surgery typically meet the following criteria:
- Physical Health: Candidates should be in good overall health with no underlying medical conditions that could interfere with the surgical procedure or the healing process.
- Emotional Well-being: It is important for candidates to have realistic expectations and a positive mindset regarding the outcomes of the surgery. Breast augmentation should be a personal decision. From the 1st of July 2023, patients may be required to have a psychological evaluation to ensure they are mentally fit for surgery, this is being implemented across all practices in Australia and New Zealand.
- Breast-related Concerns: Candidates may have various concerns related to their breasts, such as desiring increased volume, improved shape, or enhanced symmetry. Breast augmentation can address these concerns and help achieve the desired aesthetic goals.
- Stable Weight: Candidates should have a stable body weight, as fluctuations in weight can affect the appearance and longevity of the results. It is recommended to be at or near their target weight before undergoing the procedure.
- Non-smoker: Smoking will interfere with the healing process and increase the risk of complications. Therefore, candidates are typically required to be non-smokers or willing to quit smoking for a specified period before and after the surgery.
What to Expect on the Day of Your Surgery
Prior to your scheduled procedure, Dr Turner prioritises your comfort and addresses any remaining queries or concerns you may have. During this preoperative period, Dr Turner will mark your chest area, carefully outlining the optimal placement of the breast implant, as well as determining the planned incision site for implant insertion.
The breast augmentation surgery is conducted under general anaesthesia, ensuring your utmost safety and well-being, within the comfort of a fully accredited private hospital. A qualified anaesthetist will be present throughout the entire procedure to provide professional assistance. The duration of the surgery typically ranges from one to two hours, and following a successful outcome, you will be discharged on the same day, without the need for an overnight stay.
Breast Augmentation Recovery and Aftercare
Following the completion of your breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Turner will apply dressings to the incision site to facilitate proper wound healing. The sutures used are self-dissolving, eliminating the need for postoperative suture removal. You will be provided with a surgical garment to wear for the initial months after your surgery, this will either be placed on you during recovery or shortly after completing the operation, while you are still asleep. It is crucial to wear this garment full time during the first month as it aids in wound healing and encourages the desired settling of the new breast shape.
Patients typically report experiencing mild postoperative discomfort, which can be effectively managed with oral pain medication. Dr Turner will prescribe appropriate pain management medication for you. It is advised to arrange for a support person, to fill the prescription, drive you home, and provide assistance during the initial days of your recovery.
You can gradually resume your normal activities, taking care to do so at a slow pace. Return to work can be expected within approximately one week after breast augmentation surgery, and light exercise can typically be initiated at around two weeks. Full resumption of most activities is usually possible at the six-week mark following the procedure, although this can very between individuals.
Within the first week after surgery, you will have a scheduled appointment with Dr Turner to evaluate the healing progress of your wounds and assess the outcome of your new breast shape. Throughout the first year of your recovery, Dr Turner will regularly monitor your progress during subsequent appointments. He will also provide guidance on scar management techniques, appropriate garment usage, and when it is suitable to resume normal activities. As part of Dr Turner’s post-operative care package, you will receive 3 complimentary Laser Genesis treatments to improve the look of your scars and promote further healing.
It is of utmost importance to adhere diligently to all postoperative instructions provided by Dr Turner, as they significantly contribute to achieving your desired final result.
Potential Risks and Complications of Surgery
While breast augmentation surgery is generally safe, it is important to be aware of potential risks and complications that can arise. These can include:
- Infection: Infections can occur at the incision site or around the implant. Antibiotics are typically prescribed to minimise the risk, and proper wound care is crucial.
- Capsular Contracture: This occurs when scar tissue forms around the implant, causing it to harden and potentially distort the breast shape. Additional surgery may be required to address this complication.
- Implant Rupture or Leakage: Implants can rupture or leak over time, which may necessitate removal or replacement of the implant. Saline implants deflate when ruptured, while silicone gel implants may leak without immediate noticeable changes.
- Changes in Sensation: Some individuals may experience temporary or permanent changes in nipple or breast sensation following surgery. Sensation may increase, decrease, or become altered.
- Breast and Implant asymmetry: It is possible for the breasts or implants to have slight differences in size, shape, or positioning. Additional surgery may be required to correct significant asymmetry.
- Scar Formation: All surgeries result in some level of scarring. Incision placement and surgical techniques can minimise visible scarring, but individual healing processes vary.
- Hematoma: A collection of blood, known as a hematoma, can occur around the surgical site. Drainage or additional surgery may be necessary to address this issue.
- Anaesthesia Risks: General anaesthesia carries its own set of potential risks, such as adverse reactions or complications.
- Other General Surgical Risks: These include bleeding, blood clots, poor wound healing, allergic reactions, and adverse reactions to medications.
During your consultation with Dr Turner, as an integral part of the informed consent process, he will address the potential risks and complications associated with your plastic surgery. This comprehensive discussion aims to ensure your understanding and enable you to make an informed decision. Dr Turner will also explain his commitment to employing every possible measure to manage and minimise these risks. However, it is important to acknowledge that despite all precautions, surgical complications can still occur.
It is essential to recognise that the success of the surgery relies on a collaborative effort between the surgeon and the patient. To optimise your results, it is imperative that you closely adhere to Dr Turner’s instructions. This includes allowing yourself ample rest, maintaining a nourishing diet, and allocating sufficient time for recovery, all of which contribute to expediting the healing process. By actively participating in your own care, you can greatly enhance the likelihood of achieving an excellent outcome.
Further Medical References
Your Breast Augmentation Dr Turner?
Your initial consultation for cosmetic breast augmentation surgery commences with a personalised one-on-one meeting with Dr Turner at one of his esteemed clinics in Sydney or Newcastle. During this consultation, a comprehensive overview of the surgical process, as well as potential complications, will be provided to ensure you are fully informed. Dr Turner will engage in a thorough discussion to understand your specific desires and objectives. Following this, a meticulous examination will be conducted to assess your suitability as a surgical candidate for breast augmentation.
Measurements of your chest wall and breasts will be taken, and a careful evaluation of your breast skin quality, existing breast volume, and nipple position will be performed. Standard preoperative photographs will also be taken for documentation purposes.
Recognising that each woman is unique in terms of her goals and body shape, Dr Turner will expertly guide you through the selection of suitable breast implants. It is of utmost importance to precisely match the shape, size, and placement of the implants to harmonise with your natural body shape, thereby achieving the desired outcomes.
During this consultation, Dr Turner and his dedicated team will:
- Review the various breast augmentation procedures available to you
- Thoroughly discuss the potential risks associated with the procedure
- Provide a detailed explanation of the surgical technique
- Outline the expectations before, during, and after the procedure
- Offer transparent information regarding the cost and payment options
- Address any queries or concerns you may have, ensuring complete clarity
This comprehensive consultation process ensures that you are well-informed and empowered to make informed decisions regarding your breast augmentation surgery.
Why Choose Dr Turner, Specialist Plastic Surgeon?
When you select our practice, you are placing your trust in a Plastic Surgeon who genuinely cares about your well-being. Dr Turner is dedicated to ensuring your comfort throughout your entire surgical journey, taking the time to address your questions and alleviate any concerns you may have. We prioritise your satisfaction and strive to ensure that the procedure you choose is the perfect fit for you.
We understand the importance of confidentiality, and we go to great lengths to maintain a private and discreet environment during your visits. From your initial consultation onwards, we are confident that you will feel assured in our capable hands. Recognising that each person is unique, both physically and emotionally, we provide a personalised evaluation and develop a customised procedure plan tailored to your specific needs.
Your journey with us is centred on your individuality and achieving your desired outcomes. We are committed to providing you with exceptional care, making sure that you feel comfortable, informed, and confident every step of the way.
Always Do Your Research
- Enquire to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A GP Referral is required to Consult with Dr Turner (under new AHPRA Regulations)
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing and payment plans
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation
- You can book your initial consultation by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment
BOOK A PHONE CALL FOR MORE INFO
- To find out more information about surgery you can book a FREE 15-minute phone conversation with our Friendly Patient Care team via Calendly- Book Consultant 1 or Book Consultant 2
Contact us or call on 1300 437 758 to arrange your surgeon consultation in Sydney.