Tummy Tuck Surgery vs Liposuction: Which Is Right for You?
Ready for a change? If you have loose skin, stretch marks or excess fat, you can transform your body in a simple outpatient procedure. Tummy tucks and liposuction are both great options for giving you the flat stomach and narrow waist that you’ve always wanted. Whether you are struggling to get your pre-baby body back or you have loose skin after losing weight, you’ll be amazed at what’s possible with modern plastic surgery.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turner’s Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery Guide
The Difference Between a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction
Liposuction has been around for a while now and it’s one of the most popular procedures in Sydney and across the world. It’s an incredible, transformative process that can remove fat from anywhere on your body. It doesn’t leave an incision mark so you don’t have to worry about scarring. There’s no need to spend the night in a hospital and you can get back to work in about one week.
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a slightly more involved process that offers more benefits. When you opt to have a tummy tuck, you can remove excess fat, tighten up ab muscles, reduce stretch marks and eliminate loose skin. While the advantages are great, the disadvantage is that there will be a small scar. Fortunately, that scar can easily be covered by underwear or swimwear.
Which Is Better: A Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?
A liposuction is ideal for removing fat and it can dramatically change your shape from head to toe. It’s a perfect option for eliminating fat from your arms, hips, thighs, butt and torso. In many cases, however, it’s just not quite enough to get optimal results. For many men and women, a tummy tuck is the best option for getting rid of stretch marks and loose skin on top of removing excess fat. If you’ve been pregnant or lost a lot of weight, you may have an excess of skin. The only way to remove this sagging skin is with a tummy tuck.
There are actually a couple of different options for abdominoplasty. A full tummy tuck tackles the lower and upper abdomen while a mini tummy tuck is a good option for those just dealing with excess fat and loose skin below the belly button. Both options are often combined with liposuction to remove stubborn fat from the flanks, lower back and thighs to create an improved contour.
A Combined Tummy Tuck and Liposuction
Before visiting our Sydney clinic, most patients spend a lot of time researching options and have a treatment plan in mind before arriving. It’s always important to know what your goals are but sometimes the best treatment plan is hard to guess. While a tummy tuck or liposuction might be a good option for many people, often a combined approach is the best option. To create an ideal shape, liposuction can be used to slim down your hips and flanks while a tummy tuck will eliminate all of the excess skin to create a smooth look.
Want to learn more about your options?
When you are ready to chat with a doctor about your options, schedule a consultation with Dr Turner at his Sydney or Newcastle clinics to learn more about your treatment options.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website pages and Blogs to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a medical referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Turner
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simpler clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about Dr Turner’s pricing, medical finance & payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Scott Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.