Tummy & Body Surgery in Newcastle & Sydney NSW
- Do you have excess pockets of fat in your abdominal area?
- Are you suffering from skin irritation due to sagging skin in your arms and legs?
- Do you feel that your body has undergone significant changes due to pregnancy, weight fluctuations, or aging?
Body surgery procedures can offer a long-term cosmetic solution and may help boost your self-esteem. With modern body contouring options, you can eliminate pockets of excess fat, smooth and tighten the skin, and attain a beautifully sculpted physique. If you, like many others, have tried every diet and exercise routine conceivable and are still having trouble with loose skin and reducing fat deposits in specific areas, you are not alone.
The good news is there are a number of procedures available that can help you achieve your goals. While ageing and weight loss all have an impact on how your body looks and feel, the effects of pregnancy and child raising can take an enormous toll on your body.
The stretching of the stomach muscles and skin of the abdomen, thighs and breasts can lead to stretch marks, excess fatty tissue and loose sagging skin. Dr Scott Turner can help you restore your pre-pregnancy figure and feel great about the way you look with a customised ‘Mummy Makeover’ procedure.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turner’s Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery Guide
We offer a variety of body contouring treatments to suit every patient no matter what your size or shape, to give you a look that is natural and beautiful. Whether your considering liposuction, a tummy tuck or other body procedures, contact my team to learn more about how we can help you.
Below is a list of commonly performed body procedures:
Labiaplasty Surgery (Dr Turner is an Labiaplasty expert)
Please Note – Dr Turner does not perform BBL Brazilian Butt Lift or Body Lift Surgery after Massive Weight Loss (360 abdo, Circumferential Abdo Arm lift or thigh lift surgery)
What is Body Surgery?
Body contouring surgery is a group of procedures aimed at improving the appearance of your body as well as increasing your self-confidence. These procedures remove excess fat, skin, and tissue from your body to reshape the area. Once the surgical incisions have completely healed, the treated area becomes firmer, smoother, and well-defined. Depending on your condition, whole body surgery can be tailored to suit your cosmetic and medical needs.
Am I Suitable for Body Surgery?
During your consultation, your surgeon will assess your condition, body type, health history, treatment goals, and expectations to determine if a full body surgery is right for you. In general, you are a good candidate for the procedure if:
- You don’t smoke.
- You are bothered by the appearance of a certain part of your body.
- You are physically healthy.
- You have low self-esteem.
- You have pockets of fat in your abdomen.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You have sagging or loose skin in your arms, abdomen, thighs, or other parts of your body.
- You have a stable weight.
What are the Benefits of Body Surgery?
Whether it’s a tummy surgery or torso surgery, undergoing body surgery can give you the following benefits:
- Better body proportion
- Firmer arms and thighs
- Flatter, well-defined abdomen
- Improved body posture
- Improved quality of life
- Improved self-esteem
- Improved sexual function
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Lower chance of skin infection
- Lower risk of skin irritation due to sagging skin
- More clothing options
- More masculine chest
- Reduced stretch marks
- Smoother, radiant, younger-looking skin
- Well-toned appearance of your body
What are the Most Popular Body Surgery Procedures?
The following are the most well-known body contouring procedures:
- Tummy tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, this is a surgical procedure that tightens your abdomen by removing excess skin and fat.
- Labiaplasty: This surgical procedure improves the appearance of your vagina, resulting in improved sexual function and a lower risk of pain and irritation.
- Liposuction: This minimally invasive procedure removes fat deposits beneath your skin by using a thin tube and a powerful vacuum.
- Male breast reduction: This surgical procedure reduces the size of abnormally large male breasts by removing excess fat and tissue.
- Mummy makeover: This is a combination of procedures such as breast augmentation, breast lift, and tummy tuck, and is recommended after pregnancy.
Specialist Body Lift Surgeons also perform plastic surgeries on massive weight loss patients (Dr Turner can suggest another plastic surgeon for these)
- Thigh lift: This surgical procedure improves the appearance of your thighs by removing excess skin and fat.
- Arm reduction: Also known as brachioplasty, this surgery improves the appearance of your upper arms and underarm area by removing excess skin and fat.
- Body lift for Excess Skin Removal after Weight Loss: Also known as torsoplasty, this procedure improves the appearance of your abdomen and buttocks by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the abdominal muscles.
- Brazilian Butt lift BBL – Butt lifting surgery and Butt implant Surgery
Recovery after Cosmetic Body Procedure
The recovery time after body surgery may vary from patient to patient. This will greatly depend on several factors such as the type and extent of your surgery, surgeon’s skills, your healing ability, and desired results. Whether it’s an upper-body or lower body surgery, your surgeon will give you specific instructions during your consultation on how to speed up your recovery. These include refraining from cigarette smoking and stopping medications that may impair your wound healing.
How much is Body Surgery? – Costs & Prices in Sydney & Newcastle
Costs and prices of body surgery vary. These include your surgeon’s fees, anesthesiologist’s fees, hospital fees, type of surgery and anaesthesia used, and your desired aesthetic results. During your consultation, your surgeon will give you a detailed estimate of the total costs of your procedure.
What are the risks of Body Surgery?
All surgery has risks whether it’s a body fat surgery or torso surgery, there are risks associated with the procedure. Dr Turner will discuss these in detail with you at your consultation.
Body Surgery Glossary & Terms
- Anaesthesia – Drugs used during a surgical procedure to relieve pain and other discomforts.
- Capsular contracture – A complication of breast augmentation that is characterized by the formation of a tight scar around the implant.
- Hematoma – Visible pooling of blood under your skin.
- Wound dehiscence – Partial or total separation of wound edges after it has been sutured.
- Visit the Smart Beauty Guide Body Surgery page for more terms
Celebrities that have had Body Procedures
The following are some celebrities who have had or rumoured to have had body surgery:
- Anna Faris
- Heidi Montag
- Iggy Azalea
- Jesinta Franklin
- Julie Chen
- Keira Maguire
- Kourtney Kardashian
- Miranda Kerr
- Roxy Jacenko
- Victoria Beckham
FAQs about Cosmetic Body Procedures
Can you have multiple body surgeries at the same time
Some body surgeries can be performed at the same time with minimal risks. However, other surgeries that are performed at once can increase your risk of developing problems and other complications. To ensure your safety, consult with a top surgeon with vast experience in body contouring surgeries.
What is the ideal age to have body surgery?
The ideal age to have body surgery will depend on the type of procedure you want to undergo. For instance, breast surgeries are recommended for younger patients since they have elastic skin and a good amount of breast tissue. On the other hand, body contouring procedures aimed at improving the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin, and loose skin are best performed in older patients. To know the ideal body surgery that will suit your anatomy, lifestyle, and cosmetic goals, schedule a consultation with a top surgeon.
Will your medical insurance help cover the cost of your body surgery?
Make sure to verify the policy of your private health insurance to determine if you can make a claim on the costs of your desired procedure. Usually, if a body surgery is done for cosmetic purposes, your private health insurance will not pay for your procedure. On the other hand, if the goal of your body contouring surgery is to treat a certain medical condition (e.g. thigh lift to reduce skin irritation and infection), then you may be eligible for a health insurance claim. By consulting with a top plastic surgeon, you will discover your treatment options and your financing options.
How much is a Body Surgery in Newcastle or Sydney NSW? – prices & costs
All Surgery is customised for you and Dr Turner’s team will give you a package price for your surgery that will depend on the exact type of procedure you require, the hospital you choose and the length of your surgery & stay. It will include aftercare, follow-up and extra post-op services that you need.
After your initial consultation, you will be given your detailed quote. This will include the Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
For a rough guide or estimate of the price please contact Dr Turner’s team.
We can also provide information on Body Surgery Payment Plans and medical finance, different methods of payment and whether funding by Medicare, Private Health Insurance or by Super withdrawal will be a possibility.
Is Body surgery worth it?
The majority of patients report significant improvements in confidence & satisfaction with their new look, how they feel, as well as their general health. Most say they wished they had surgery years earlier.
How to find a top Body Surgeon in Newcastle or Sydney
For many patients, having cosmetic plastic surgery is a life-changing experience. There are many qualified specialist plastic surgeons, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in your procedure.
Always find a reputable medical practitioner who can offer you a range of options and give you the best advice. Avoid choosing an undertrained doctor or so called “cosmetic surgeon”. See our blog on the difference between a plastic surgeon and a cosmetic surgeon and how to find the best surgeon.
Why Choose Dr Turner Plastic Surgeon?
Dr Scott Turner is a highly experienced, fully qualified specialist plastic surgeon with current FRACS and ASPS memberships. He has spent a lifetime accumulating the experience and qualifications in Breast, Body and Face Surgery.
You can fly overseas to find a cheaper surgeon in another country but not all Surgeons have the same experience or intensive training and testing qualifications.
Be sure you learn the differences between a Plastic Surgeon, a General Surgeon, a Dermatologist, a ‘Cosmetic Surgeon’ or other types of Doctor that may perform your surgery.
Choosing a Specialist Plastic Surgeon means you are choosing an accredited recognised plastic surgeon that performs surgery in an accredited hospital.
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]