Breast Surgery in Newcastle & Sydney NSW by Dr Scott Turner Plastic Surgeon
- Do you have underdeveloped or overdeveloped breasts?
- Are you bothered by the appearance of your sagging breasts following pregnancy or significant weight fluctuations?
- Do you have overly large breasts that cause neck pain and impair your daily activities as well as quality of life?
Breast Surgery can help add or reduce volume or just lift the breast. A breast implant or fat grafting can be used to improved shape, firmness and enhanced body proportions. Some patients seek a breast reduction or lift for a breast that is either too large or has sagged over time to create a more rejuvenated and youthful breast shape.
Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Scott Turner understands how important your breasts are to your self-image and takes the time to formulate a customised surgical plan that is just right for you. That is why Dr Turner offers you the very finest in breast aesthetics – from an assessment with the latest Vectra 3D imaging technologies, best breast implant selection and top surgical techniques, to your long-term follow-up. Our aim is to make the whole breast surgery experience a positive one.
Cosmetic breast surgery has become the main focus of Dr Turner’s clinic, so you can rest assured, whether you are after breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction or breast implant surgery, we offer Newcastle, Central Coast and Sydney’s most comprehensive and professional service.
CLICK to Download Dr Scott Turners’s Ultimate Guide to Cosmetic Breast Surgery
Dr Turner’s Most Popular Breast Procedures include:
Fat to Breast – Breast Enhancement with your own Fat Transferred to your Breast – a Natural BA or Autologous Fat Grafting
What is Breast Surgery?
Breast surgery refers to a group of procedures aimed at enhancing the appearance of your breasts, correcting breast deformities, or reconstructing your breasts after surgical removal. The type of surgery that your breast surgeon will perform will depend on your condition, body type, and aesthetic goals.
Am I Suitable for Breast Surgery?
To ensure that you will receive the best breast surgery, your breast surgeon will assess your condition, health history, amount of breast tissue, lifestyle, and desired cosmetic goals during your consultation. In general, you are a good candidate for breast surgery if:
- You are in good overall health.
- You don’t have a bleeding or clotting disorder.
- You have breast sagging due to ageing, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or significant weight loss.
- You have complications associated with primary breast surgery.
- You have a good amount of breast tissue.
- You have inverted nipples.
- You have overly large breasts that cause skin irritation, redness, infection, back pain, headaches, and other discomforts.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the procedure.
- You want to replace your breast implants.
- Your breasts are too small or underdeveloped
- You’re willing to commit to a healthy lifestyle after surgery.
What are the Benefits of having a Breast Procedure
If performed by a top specialist plastic surgeon, a breast surgical procedure can offer the following benefits:
- Breast contour that is in proportion with the rest of your body
- Improved body posture
- Improved breast appearance
- Improved quality of life
- Increased self-confidence
- Lower risk of skin irritation, infection, and other physical discomforts
- More clothing options
- Positive outlook in life
What are the Most Popular Breast Surgery Procedures
The following are the well-known breast procedures:
- Breast Augmentation: This surgical procedure makes use of breast implants to enlarge your breasts.
- Breast Lift: This procedure involves reshaping and lifting your breast by removing excess skin and fat.
- Breast Reduction: This procedure involves the removal of excess fat, skin, and breast tissue to achieve a breast contour that is in proportion with your body.
- Breast implant revision surgery: The surgery is done to replace your old, aging implants.
- Breast implant removal: This surgical procedure is performed to correct complications of your primary breast augmentation.
- Inverted Nipple Correction: This procedure reshapes your areola and nipple so that the nipple comes out from your breast.
- Mummy makeover surgery: This is a combination of procedures aimed at improving the appearance of your breasts and abdomen after pregnancy.
Recovery after Breast Surgery
It is important to keep in mind that the recovery time after a breast procedure may vary from patient to patient. Some patients may require shorter downtime while others will take several weeks to recover. The length of your recovery will greatly depend on several factors such as the extent and type of your surgery, your healing ability, your body type, and your treatment goals. Immediately after your surgery, you may experience soreness, bruising, and pain on your surgical site. These discomforts can be alleviated by taking pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. To support your healing breasts, you may need to wear a support bra or compression garments. In addition, you will be advised to prevent strenuous exercise and activities to avoid tension on your suture lines.
How much is Breast Surgery? – Costs & Prices
Just like your recovery time, the costs and prices of breast surgery may also vary. This will greatly depend on several factors such as your surgeon’s fees, anaesthetist’s fees, hospital fees, type of surgery and anaesthesia used, and your desired breast surgery results. To get a detailed estimate of the total costs of your procedure, schedule a consultation with a renowned cosmetic surgeon.
What are the risks of a Breast Procedure?
The following are the risks associated with the procedure:
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia such as skin rashes and difficulty breathing
- Capsular contracture
- Changes in skin sensation
- Delayed wound healing
- Implant leakage or rupture
- Increasing pain at the surgical site
- Numbness in one or both breasts
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Pus draining from your wound
- Rippling of the implant
- Severe swelling
- Skin discolouration
- Skin loss
- Sutures that protrude through the skin
- Unwanted scarring
- Wound dehiscence
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
Celebrities that have had Breast Surgery
Well-known celebrities that are believed to have had breast surgery include:
- Kaley Cuoco
- Kate Hudson
- Kelly Rowland
- Kourtney Kardashian
- Pamela Anderson
- Victoria Beckham
- Yolanda Hadid
- Demi Moore
- Drew Barrymore
- Gisele Bundchen
- Jesinta Franklin
FAQs about Breast Procedures
Will a breast procedure increase your risk of breast cancer?
Breast surgery will not increase your risk of getting breast cancer. In addition, having breast implants will not hinder the detection of breast tumors.
Can you have breast implants if you have sagging skin?
This will depend on the degree of skin sagging. If you have extreme sagging of the skin, another procedure may be needed to lift your breasts so that they appear younger and well-defined. Breast implants are recommended for patients with a mild degree of skin sagging. During your consultation with a top surgeon, your breast condition will be first assessed if you are a good candidate for breast implants.
How many months should you delay pregnancy after having breast implants?
It is recommended to postpone pregnancy for at least 6 months after your surgery. This allows your breasts to adjust to its new shape and size.
Further Reading – Medical References
- WEBMD Options in Cosmetic Surgery for Breasts
- Types of Breast Implants | American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Smart Beauty Guide on Breast Surgery
Dr Scott Turner FRACS (Plas) – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Scott J Turner has spent a lifetime acquiring the qualifications, education, training, and hands-on surgical experience to perform superior cosmetic plastic surgery to give you natural, beautiful results and the improved sense of well-being you want. He is one of the top Specialist Plastic Surgeons with a Breast and Body Surgery focus in New South Wales.
Achieving this personal goal requires not only in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and refined surgical techniques but an ongoing commitment to learning the latest procedures around the world. This is why Dr Turner regularly attends both local and international surgeon meetings – discussing these advances with the leaders around the world in order to offer you the most natural, effective and safest surgical procedures.
Dr Turner and his highly trained staff will do everything to ensure that you are fully informed, while providing exceptional, world-class cosmetic plastic surgery, in a personal and caring environment.
Always Do Your Research
- Download our Procedure Guides to find out more about your surgery
- Please read our website to learn more about your intended procedure
Do you need a Medical Referral to see Dr Turner?
- A medical referral is helpful but NOT essential for purely cosmetic consultations.
- Please obtain a referral from your GP or Specialist if you want a consultation for an MBS item number surgery.
- Please note that your Medicare Rebates will NOT be claimable without a valid recent Medical Referral
Making The Most Of Your Consultation
- Please arrive slightly early for your in-person consultation with Dr Scott
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help consider the information and discuss your options
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes during the consultation and thoroughly examine all the documents provided
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
How to Book Your Consultation with Dr Turner
- You can book your initial consultation with Dr Turner by paying the $350 cosmetic consultation fee in advance – when you make your appointment.
Contact us or call on 1300 641 199 to arrange your consultation in Sydney or Newcastle.
Email us for more information: [email protected]